ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame =

Fake News

Yep. With the same headlines every year. My wife's folks are ND fans and I privately tell my wife ND could go 0 - 48 and they'd still be in the preseason top 25.

When these playoffs get restructured in the near future (expanding to 8 teams) I hope the committee or the powers that be will lay down at least one new rule: In order to be eligible for one of the 8 playoff spots, you must be in a conference that has a conference championship game.

When ND cries....say to them "Join a conference or shut up."

Yep. With the same headlines every year. My wife's folks are ND fans and I privately tell my wife ND could go 0 - 48 and they'd still be in the preseason top 25.

When these playoffs get restructured in the near future (expanding to 8 teams) I hope the committee or the powers that be will lay down at least one new rule: In order to be eligible for one of the 8 playoff spots, you must be in a conference that has a conference championship game.

When ND cries....say to them "Join a conference or shut up."

If they won't tell them that with only four spots then why would they do it with eight?

If they won't tell them that with only four spots then why would they do it with eight?

I think they tried to nudge ND into joining a conference when all the conference realignments were taking place and they nearly pulled it off. This go around coming up very soon, they'll have the leverage (imho) to say "Look, you don't play anybody and the last time you got in, you didn't deserve the spot. You gotta earn it."

And then just go ahead and do whatever it is the powers that be decide. Let ND file their lawsuits and lose. Get in or sit in the cold.

I think they tried to nudge ND into joining a conference when all the conference realignments were taking place and they nearly pulled it off. This go around coming up very soon, they'll have the leverage (imho) to say "Look, you don't play anybody and the last time you got in, you didn't deserve the spot. You gotta earn it."

And then just go ahead and do whatever it is the powers that be decide. Let ND file their lawsuits and lose. Get in or sit in the cold.

I think after today's showing they might tell ND to join a conference and play in a championship game, but only if the CFP stays with Four teams. With eight teams that worldwide Notre Dame brand factors into the equation. You did see all the green & gold = $ in Jerry's world?

I think after today's showing they might tell ND to join a conference and play in a championship game, but only if the CFP stays with Four teams. With eight teams that worldwide Notre Dame brand factors into the equation. You did see all the green & gold = $ in Jerry's world?
Playoff expansion would be sheer folly. People ought to listen to Saban on this.

Notre Dame hasn't been truly relevant for over 20 years. They keep getting shots. They are 0-6 in BCS/CFP and none of the games has been close. They should be treated as any G5 program until they join a P5 conference.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT