ADVERTISEMENT

November 2008 Carolina/Clemson game

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
we had a chance to stop this long before it ever got off the ground.

Garcia got sick, we got stomped. Dabo got the job. We win that game and things could have been drastically different.

Amazing how much has changed since then.

Reactions: Heyward1
Hopefully Garcia being sick isn’t being used as an excuse. Not saying it is but I hope not. Doubt we win with him. He was clearly not prepared as a QB that season. It was evidenced in the blowout loss to Iowa in the Outback Bowl.

Wouldve been nice to have beaten them that day. Though we wouldve never known what we stopped.

That was the Smelley game and our tightend quit and didn't want to play. Good times.

Yep, Smelley played that one. Game was never close. They ran all over us. Miserable rainy day.

What was the date that Steve Spurrier decided to promote Whammy instead of hiring Brent Venebles as his old pal Stoops has just let him go in flavor of his brother?

Remember thinking it was a logical hire for us to get Venebles. Wasn’t sure how good he was. I guess that why we stuck with our Georgia recruiter...

we had a chance to stop this long before it ever got off the ground.

Garcia got sick, we got stomped. Dabo got the job. We win that game and things could have been drastically different.

Amazing how much has changed since then.
If Holtz would've finished Bowden off when he was on the hot seat . There would be no dabo.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
If Holtz would've finished Bowden off when he was on the hot seat . There would be no dabo.

If Bowden has just taken the Arkansas job. Dabo even said he was going with him. Never realize Tommy was serious about going to the point he called coaches, particularly Dabo, and told them to get ready to go. Never knew why Arkansas almost hired Bowden to begin with..but man I wish they would’ve. Instead he got a big ole buyout and Dabo is here.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT