ADVERTISEMENT

Now over 4 weeks still no word from NCAA

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
concerning Te'a Cooper. We are in desperate need of bodies now due to injuries, especially if Aja is out more and Kiki misses time to go with Cuevas. Yet the NCAA has now taken 4 weeks and counting to do something that "typically" takes one week to do. It is now at the unexcusable level on their part. The girls wants to play and if she cant, then she cant but at least let someone know something.

concerning Te'a Cooper. We are in desperate need of bodies now due to injuries, especially if Aja is out more and Kiki misses time to go with Cuevas. Yet the NCAA has now taken 4 weeks and counting to do something that "typically" takes one week to do. It is now at the unexcusable level on their part. The girls wants to play and if she cant, then she cant but at least let someone know something.

Fairly typical garbage from them.

Remember Andrew Pinnock? Went on what seemed like months.
In the cases of Andrew Pinnock and Damiere Byrd I will always believe they should have just been redshirted. To me it feels like all parties involved got jipped out of seeing them play full seasons their freshman years.

In the cases of Andrew Pinnock and Damiere Byrd I will always believe they should have just been redshirted. To me it feels like all parties involved got jipped out of seeing them play full seasons their freshman years.
Agree, particularly with Byrd.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
At this point in the season we may have to come to the realization that she's not playing this year.

The NCAA is really busy investigating the UNC case.

I realize there are different situations for each player, but how the hell did they approve a player for ND in like 45 mins, and we’re still waiting. Maybe it time for Tanner to pull a President Dedmond (We Are Marshall) and visit the NCAA in person.

Once she was not cleared to play against Tenn, I felt like it was a sure thing she was not going to be cleared at all as well. If she cant play and thats their decision, thats one thing and we can live with it and move on. The bigger problem is that they have people just waiting while they do nothing. I think its easier to go through life knowing where you stand a little better but when you are left in limbo for over 4 weeks, then it is unfair to do that to a person when it should have been resolved much sooner.

I wonder who it will take being shafted by the NCAA, before a real effort is launched to secede from that pitiful organization.
It is run by the member schools. Harris Pastides was a member and chair of the Board of Governors for the NCAA a few years ago. The member schools can change whatever policy they want, but don't act like the schools have no control over the organization....they have complete control.

It's getting close to the time where we say, let's wait till next year. Why waste a perfectly good full year? We saw the preview of life without A'ja on Sunday and it's not pretty.

Dawn has already stated that she will play her no matter when the Ncaa finally gives their blessing.
Even if it is just for a handful of games.

They cleared Cam in two days

Totally ridiculous! Somehow the national media should look into why Notre Dame girl gets approved in a skinny minute while we hear nothing.

I don't think we (the fans) know the whole story. Based on what I've heard for some reason Dawn delayed putting in the paperwork. Was this due to grades or did the NCAA give Dawn reason to believe the request would be more favorably received after the Fall semester. I've also heard that Te'a does not plan to stay 2 more years after this one. She plans to leave with her class. So we get her for whatever we can this year (if at all) and next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT