ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Hoops have ended

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
It's time for Dawn and Frank to go crootin... Since the baseball team is awful, it's time to talk football..

My too early prediction is a 11-1 season and SEC East championship for football... I also predict we'll win the SEC Championship game

Reactions: jonesz21
11-1 is strong, but may not be far off the mark, if at all. Carolina has a very favorable schedule in '18, including UGA at home in week 2, which could prove to be a coming out party on the national stage for Muschamp & Co.

Reactions: lawcalcock
11-1 is strong, but may not be far off the mark, if at all. Carolina has a very favorable schedule in '18, including UGA at home in week 2, which could prove to be a coming out party on the national stage for Muschamp & Co.
Georgia is going to be loaded. They are going to be on a mission. I'll say no more than that.

Thank you.. Last year i got ripped and called names by the "realistic fans" for forecasting 9-3!!

Thank you.. Last year i got ripped and called names by the "realistic fans" for forecasting 9-3!!
My early prediction is 9 wins. I want to see Bentley perform in this offense before I predict more wins. My understanding is that there is not as much reading defenses involved, which is a good thing. Now, if he can hit the deep ball and get the ball to receivers in stride, I agree with you.

Reactions: okccock
My early prediction is 9 wins. I want to see Bentley perform in this offense before I predict more wins. My understanding is that there is not as much reading defenses involved, which is a good thing. Now, if he can hit the deep ball and get the ball to receivers in stride, I agree with you.
Bentley is the least of my worries... He will perform like a very good junior Qb... My concern is can we get the turnovers without Sky Moore and the veteran .dbs...

Georgia is going to be loaded. They are going to be on a mission. I'll say no more than that.

UGA will obviously will be loaded. That goes without saying. Did not intend to imply otherwise. But I think there is reason for optimism in that game and every other game. Carolina played a solid game against a massively talented UGA team in Athens last season. Gamecocks held their own for most of the game. Catching UGA early in the season, at a packed Williams-Brice... I'm just saying, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if Carolina walks away with an upset in week two.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, there's not a game, with the possible exception of at Clemson, where I think Carolina will be outclassed from a talent perspective.

Reactions: king ward
I predict 10-2 although having UGA on the schedule early will be in our favor. They will be replacing Chubb and Michelle this year and I think they will take a small step back offensively. My question to other Gamecock fans is this. How would you feel if we ran the tables up until the Clemson game and have our only regular season loss coming at the hands of the taters?

I predict 10-2 although having UGA on the schedule early will be in our favor. They will be replacing Chubb and Michelle this year and I think they will take a small step back offensively. My question to other Gamecock fans is this. How would you feel if we ran the tables up until the Clemson game and have our only regular season loss coming at the hands of the taters?

This means an undefeated conference slate (we've never been better than 6-2), and an SEC East championship (our second in 27 seasons), and an appearance in the SEC Championship game. Win there and it's our first outright SEC Championship, and our first 12 win season. Oh, and we're solidly in the National Championship conversation.

Yes, I would take that outcome all day long.

Any hard questions? :)

Last edited:
This means an undefeated conference slate (we've never been better than 6-2), and an SEC East championship (our second in 27 seasons), and an appearance in the SEC Championship game. Win there and it's our first outright SEC Championship, and our first 12 win season. Oh, and we're solidly in the National Championship conversation.

Yes, I would take that outcome all day long.

Any hard questions? :)
I would too but I wonder how much of a stain a loss to Clemson would leave on an otherwise greatest season in school history be?

Bleep the taters... The time for taters honoring themselves is nearing it's end

Reactions: funktavious
That would mean we would be 11-1 going into the SEC title game playing for the final 4...I'll take it. Besides if that is the case then we may be playing them again in the championships series. Rather knock them off then.

Bleep the taters... The time for taters honoring themselves is nearing it's end
At some point we have to start beating them again. We were clearly a better program than them for 5 straight years and every bit of momentum we lost. As they continued to get better our staff fell asleep on the job. We had a lot of ground to make up. We're getting there but it gets under my skin every time we lose to them.

My own prediction is for a 9-3 regular season.
If we go 9-3 with this schedule then I'm not sure you can call that an improvement. We will be underdogs in 2 games that I see (UGA and Clemson). Every game we should be favorites or at least a pick em. I expect a 10-2 record with a 50/50 shot at playing for the SEC Championship. UGA has to play at LSU and Auburn in the west while we play two train wrecks A@M and Ole Miss.Plus they do play at Willy B.

I would too but I wonder how much of a stain a loss to Clemson would leave on an otherwise greatest season in school history be?

That stain would wash away pretty quickly, IMO, given the much more important milestones we would be accomplishing with an undefeated conference slate and an SEC Championship appearance.

I also maintain that any USC team that goes 8-0 in the SEC will also beat Clemson nine times out of ten. Of course that is all theoretical at this stage.

Last edited:
If we go 9-3 with this schedule then I'm not sure you can call that an improvement. We will be underdogs in 2 games that I see (UGA and Clemson). Every game we should be favorites or at least a pick em. I expect a 10-2 record with a 50/50 shot at playing for the SEC Championship. UGA has to play at LSU and Auburn in the west while we play two train wrecks A@M and Ole Miss.Plus they do play at Willy B.
I don't see how, looking at it today, you could rate us as high as a pick 'em with either UGa or UPC. That is extremely optimistic. Both A&M and Ole Miss will be better than you think, although I would favor us over them right now.

There's also a chance we could go 10-2 with a loss to UGA and still backdoor them into the SEC-CG if they lose to LSU and Auburn. Considering they got us like that twice it would be a nice way to get in.

While you may end up being correct,at this point I think that is a very garnet-tinted view of our conference opponents. TAMU should have the edge in talent and Ole Miss is pretty close. Depends on what their coaches can make of that talent....same as ours. I think we will be better overall at the end of the year than either of those two.....but in a one-game matchup, I think they will be pure toss-ups.

;) can you say "TRAP GAME ! " ;) !!!!!

While you may end up being correct,at this point I think that is a very garnet-tinted view of our conference opponents. TAMU should have the edge in talent and Ole Miss is pretty close. Depends on what their coaches can make of that talent....same as ours. I think we will be better overall at the end of the year than either of those two.....but in a one-game matchup, I think they will be pure toss-ups.
We owe A&them big time.

It's time for Dawn and Frank to go crootin... Since the baseball team is awful, it's time to talk football..

My too early prediction is a 11-1 season and SEC East championship for football... I also predict we'll win the SEC Championship game

Frank's been recruiting for the past few weeks; Dawn mentioned this when trying to get more occupied seats vs UVA.

Baseball team has a contest tonight vs Tarholes. Hoping for a respectable performance.

Football talk can wait until August.

Georgia will be loaded, but the game is here and we are going to be pretty well loaded, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT