ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I've had time to think about it...

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
I have always been a glass half full guy to a fault and y'all know that .I will support any coach that makes me feel like we have a shot. I am still on Muschamps side and desperately want him to do well. but it ain't looking promising. I have advocated for one more year to give him every chance to do it and it appears he will get that one more year and I can live with that. Saying that I will say this....what I witnessed Saturday night was pure shameful and also embarrassing y'all. To hell with the injuries that was pure preparation. Ga. Southern found a way to move the football on App. and our OC couldn't is beyond distressing. App. State is every bit as good as half the SEC I know but for Pete's sake 25 yards rushing is all we could muster? This game...the UT game...the UNC game...the Mizzo game were clinics in how to not have your football team prepared. We look confused and we looked soft no matter what schedule we played. I look for the good always but I ain't blind either. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Our talent is better than this but we have coaches who are as confused as a blind calf in a hail storm. I'm tired of wanting to win games more than the coaches and team. I am at the stage where whatever happens just happens but at least give me hope and not the Keystone Cops.The Carolina sidelines gives me thoughts of the Atlanta street scene from Gone With The Wind with all the wounded crying and moaning. It's uncanny. This season is shot and it's sink or swim next season and it better be a good season. Muschamp better clean house before his is up for sale. So very disappointed that Boom declared this his best team yet, screw the injuries. That means the fault falls on the staff. Maybe we need a new team Dr. too. JMO as always.

I have always been a glass half full guy to a fault and y'all know that .I will support any coach that makes me feel like we have a shot. I am still on Muschamps side and desperately want him to do well. but it ain't looking promising. I have advocated for one more year to give him every chance to do it and it appears he will get that one more year and I can live with that. Saying that I will say this....what I witnessed Saturday night was pure shameful and also embarrassing y'all. To hell with the injuries that was pure preparation. Ga. Southern found a way to move the football on App. and our OC couldn't is beyond distressing. App. State is every bit as good as half the SEC I know but for Pete's sake 25 yards rushing is all we could muster? This game...the UT game...the UNC game...the Mizzo game were clinics in how to not have your football team prepared. We look confused and we looked soft no matter what schedule we played. I look for the good always but I ain't blind either. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Our talent is better than this but we have coaches who are as confused as a blind calf in a hail storm. I'm tired of wanting to win games more than the coaches and team. I am at the stage where whatever happens just happens but at least give me hope and not the Keystone Cops.The Carolina sidelines gives me thoughts of the Atlanta street scene from Gone With The Wind with all the wounded crying and moaning. It's uncanny. This season is shot and it's sink or swim next season and it better be a good season. Muschamp better clean house before his is up for sale. So very disappointed that Boom declared this his best team yet, screw the injuries. That means the fault falls on the staff. Maybe we need a new team Dr. too. JMO as always.

The demeanor of the two coaches was very telling was well. Eliah Drinkwitz was fully engaged, and his team looked likewise. Will Muschamp looked like he was at a Grateful Dead concert, and his team looked likewise.

DEAD-ON A.F.A.I.A.C.!!!

And THIS needs to be explained to Champ to each and every club meeting he actually shows up at between our last kick-off for the year and until 09.05.20 game against ECU!!!

WHATEVER Champ needs to do to fine tune this team needs for Damned Sure to be done in the next 9.75 months, and PERMANENTLY PLANTED WITHIN WHAT IS NOW HIS FULL RESPONSIBILTY!!!! THIS IS THE FULL CONSEQUENCE OF HIS EACH AND EVERY MEAN AND METHOD!!! THIS IS HIS, AND WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW NONE OF US, THE USC ALUMNI AND FAN BASE, N-O-N-E OF US WANT THIS, NONE OF US ARE EVEN REMOTELY SATISFIED!!!

Reactions: Sumptacock
Something happened during the app st game for me. When it was all said and done, I found myself at peace with what we have. It was like an out of body experience. No longer am I mad at these coaches, what they do or what they don't do. Just finding it too difficult to be mad at guys that are probably doing the best they can but consistantly come up short. In the long run, the university will decide if these shortcomings are good enough or not. To that I say whatever. I'm ready for some basketball

Injuries are now a trend that followed him from Florida. They are clearly doing something wrong to get this banged up every year.

He's had 3 of the most injured teams I have ever seen in his years as a head coach.
So you're saying those state of the art training facilities and trainers etc haven't exactly paid off?:confused:

The demeanor of the two coaches was very telling was well. Eliah Drinkwitz was fully engaged, and his team looked likewise. Will Muschamp looked like he was at a Grateful Dead concert, and his team looked likewise.
He never once showed any WANT TO... He should have been out of his mind on the sidelines during that shit show... I don't think he knows what to do... He's lost... He's not listening to his coordinators on the headset, he's listening to dolphins and waves crashing with a few bird sounds in the background...

He never once showed any WANT TO... He should have been out of his mind on the sidelines during that shit show... I don't think he knows what to do... He's lost... He's not listening to his coordinators on the headset, he's listening to dolphins and waves crashing with a few bird sounds in the background...
I think it is more like this:
1st down
OC: OK coach, they are putting 8 in the box and bringing the LB's in tight. We need to call a quick slant to 89.

Muschamp: Naw, I told the halftime interview gal we needed to pound the run. I am calling a run between the tackles.

2nd down:
OC: Good call coach, we only lost half a yard. They are still bringing the house. How about that quick slant to Edwards?

Muschamp: No, they'll never suspect we would be dumb enough to run the same play again, we'll catch them offguard this time.

3rd down:

OC: Well coach, we are looking at 3rd and 12. They are dropping the safeties, LB's are a bit further back.

Muschamp: OK, dial up a pass play, something deep.

Muschamp and his staff coach as if they are waiting for something good to happen instead of making it happen. He looks like a man with PTSD on the sidelines (no reflection on the braves one who actually have PTSD). He's not in command and the pressure is showing and his players are reflecting this. Stop telling us about the physical camps and how it helps before the season because your casualty list is not the list of a physical football team. It looks more like a list of players looking for a reason not to play to me. Our OC is a position coach not a planner or a motivator and is out coached every week. Make him a recruiter coordinator because he can recruit them but he can't coach them. Take control of your football team son or throw in the towel. JMO as always.

Apparently you have not been to many Dead Shows !! Lol . At least there’s ton of energy and movement which is more than I can say for Muschump and his bunch . I would say he looks more like a volunteer at the methadone clinic .

I'm saying it doesn't appear to be just plain bad luck. If it is bad luck, it's been an amazing run of it.:eek:

Somewhere sometime ole Will either kicked or ran over someone's puppy.. he is obviously doomed to a life of failure because of it. We are just the poor bastards with the idiot AD that have to bear the burden along with him.

Your post sums it up perfectly for me. "I'm tried of wanting to win more than the coaches and players".

What's Muschamp going to be able to do in a year that he hasn't done if in 4 that is going to make us a good team? We are losing too much talent in my opinion. Not that he knows what to do with talent other than ruin it.

Reactions: redrogers

I guess it's hard to get up for $4,000,000.00 a year.

Here's the deal: we are looking at 6-6 next season right now - absolute best-case scenario. Is that the kind of bounce-back season to re-energize the masses, if we can achieve it? I'm not thinking so. We're right back to where we were in the SEC before Spurrier came to Columbia, if not worse. Well, taking Mizzou into account, we are worse. UT has retaken leverage on us and it looks as if they are there to stay. They beat us physically in our game with them this year and teams that can beat you physically keep on beating you physically.

Here's the deal: we are looking at 6-6 next season right now - absolute best-case scenario. Is that the kind of bounce-back season to re-energize the masses, if we can achieve it? I'm not thinking so. We're right back to where we were in the SEC before Spurrier came to Columbia, if not worse. Well, taking Mizzou into account, we are worse. UT has retaken leverage on us and it looks as if they are there to stay. They beat us physically in our game with them this year and teams that can beat you physically keep on beating you physically.
I didn't see that at all.... They torched us on the back end.... We were in the backfield all night.. DBs could not cover..

Reactions: roosterbell

Do you still believe the Titanic is eventually going to arrive in New York?

I didn't see that at all.... They torched us on the back end.... We were in the backfield all night.. DBs could not cover..
I'm looking mainly at the other side of the ball, but no matter. I did not attend the game but watched it on television. The Gamecock fan I know who has attended more games than almost anyone I know and who is an analyst by personal pathology said they appeared to be stronger than us on both lines of scrimmage. This is the same guy who told me after watching Brad's final team beat Ball State in that season's opener that we would not win another game that season, a prediction I doubted. When he tells me that UT was better than us this year on the line of scrimmage, I believe it. They'll have to answer questions at quarterback next year. If they do, they will beat us again.

Muschamp does not know what to do. He is lost. It is so apparent. Ray not seeing this and giving him another year tells me Ray is clueless too.

Muschamp does not know what to do. He is lost. It is so apparent. Ray not seeing this and giving him another year tells me Ray is clueless too.
Not good when your HC is still looking for answers going in to the final game of the season. Not good at all.

Yeah, well the Dolphins make him cry...

Yes, Darius Rucker sang that in "I Only Wanna Be With You!!"!!

Reactions: Expro19
Hootie and the Lightweights.
Look dude, by all means do they (H&TB) not even come close to the type music I dig and identify with (i.e. from Aerosmith, to Van Halen, to Metallica, to ZZ Top, to The RHCP to Pearl Jam to Nirvana to AC/DC to The Rolling F'n Stones and all points in between!!!), I still dig H&TB simply because I got to meet Darius and got to know him waaayyy before he even dreamed of becoming famous back in 1984 in Jacksonville @ The Gator Bowl!! I sure do wish I could remember the gal's name he set me up with in his or whoever's camper right before kickoff at that bowl game!!!! LOL!!! 714 LaBorde (some of you other fellow old timers help me get the correct name of that old Honeycomb dorm!!!!), is where Darius lived back in 84!! Like I said, I got to know the dude way before he became famous!! Had some damned good times at all The Honeycomb's back then I did!!!

Last edited:
Something happened during the app st game for me. When it was all said and done, I found myself at peace with what we have. It was like an out of body experience. No longer am I mad at these coaches, what they do or what they don't do. Just finding it too difficult to be mad at guys that are probably doing the best they can but consistantly come up short. In the long run, the university will decide if these shortcomings are good enough or not. To that I say whatever. I'm ready for some basketball
I know exactly what you mean. But then I think about how much they are being paid. We could assemble a staff of hasbeens and wannabees for half the cost who could win 4 or 5 games every year. Hell, I think the players could probably coach themselves to 4 wins.

The simple truth is that the players are over-coached by guys who know all the technical aspects of football but can't teach it. Reminds me of my high school chemistry professor. Bright guy but he couldn't relate to his students in the classroom.

Reactions: bucketdad
Look dude, by all means do they (H&TB) not even come close to the type music I dig and identify with (i.e. from Aerosmith, to Van Halen, to Metallica, to ZZ Top, to The RHCP to Pearl Jam to Nirvana to AC/DC to The Rolling F'n Stones and all points in between!!!), I still dig H&TB simply because I got to meet Darius and got to know him waaayyy before he even dreamed of becoming famous back in 1984 in Jacksonville @ The Gator Bowl!! I sure do wish I could remember the gal's name he set me up with in his or whoever's camper right before kickoff at that bowl game!!!! LOL!!! 714 LaBorde (some of you other fellow old timers help me get the correct name of that old Honeycomb dorm!!!!), is where Darius lived back in 84!! Like I said, I got to know the dude way before he became famous!! Had some damned good times at all The Honeycomb's back then I did!!!
A great guy! I lived next door to the Dixie, in the quadruplex downhill from Capstone (1801 Greene St.)His girlfriend lived across the hall, and they all came to our keggers .(LOL!)
I was 7th floor Laborde in summer of 87’ with the football team.(Roost refurbish)

Reactions: Gaimcock
A great guy! I lived next door to the Dixie, in the quadruplex downhill from Capstone (1801 Greene St.)His girlfriend lived across the hall, and they all came to our keggers .(LOL!)
I was 7th floor Laborde in summer of 87’ with the football team.(Roost refurbish)
1801 Greene Str.!! I know EXACTLY where that IS!! I lived at 1900 Greene Str for 2 years back from January 88 to December 89!! You recall Monterrey Jacks by chance?? LOL!! My picture from The State newspaper was on the wall at Monterrey Jacks!!! LOL!!! Llooonnnngggg story on that one, but one of my roommates used to be a bouncer at Monterreys!! Had some Damned Good Times there back then!!!

I think it is more like this:
1st down
OC: OK coach, they are putting 8 in the box and bringing the LB's in tight. We need to call a quick slant to 89.

Muschamp: Naw, I told the halftime interview gal we needed to pound the run. I am calling a run between the tackles.

2nd down:
OC: Good call coach, we only lost half a yard. They are still bringing the house. How about that quick slant to Edwards?

Muschamp: No, they'll never suspect we would be dumb enough to run the same play again, we'll catch them offguard this time.

3rd down:

OC: Well coach, we are looking at 3rd and 12. They are dropping the safeties, LB's are a bit further back.

Muschamp: OK, dial up a pass play, something deep.
No. We usually try to throw short of the needed yardage on 3rd down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT