ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive blocking....

MTsumner92

Jul 31, 2005
The most frustrating thing to watch last year was our Running Backs, Tight Ends, and Offensive Tackles struggle at pass blocking. For those of you in the know and were able to watch some stuff in the spring...have we improved in this aspect of the game?

Yeah, pass blocking last season was definitely “offensive”. Funny thing is it was completely opposite in ‘19…solid pass blocking and p*ss-poor run blocking.
I can’t answer your question, but I sure hope Satterfield & Adkins can improve the run game while maintaining solid pass blocking.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Jim Carlen used to say it was difficult to teach OLmen to do both. One was an aggressive straight ahead blocking style and the other more passive.

The coaches are saying TE's are blocking better but I did not like the comments Adkins had about our LT. That seems to still be in Limbo. I have not heard about our blocking from the running backs coach either.

Screens, draws, counters, options....sometimes your best OL is a good play caller.
Just saying....

Reactions: jweaks
The most frustrating thing to watch last year was our Running Backs, Tight Ends, and Offensive Tackles struggle at pass blocking. For those of you in the know and were able to watch some stuff in the spring...have we improved in this aspect of the game?
Nobody on our OL is an SEC caliber OL

Screens, draws, counters, options....sometimes your best OL is a good play caller.
Just saying....
They are often the smartest guy on the team, especially the tackles. IDK why I think that, but I do. But knowing how to do it and doing it are different things.

👍👍. Looks like he can read just fine …he just can’t comprehend
Did I comprehend your comment correctly ? You said "nobody on our O line is an SEC caliber OL." When did the SEC or anyone for that matter determine whether an O lineman was SEC caliber by pass blocking or run blocking only ? Weak statement. Is Kevin Harris an all SEC running back counting only his running skills but not his pass catching or blocking ? Again weak statement....The holes that he ran through last year were huge...untouched on many runs...must be some shitty guys blocking for him to be the top tier of the Conference in avg oer carry, total yards and TD's/.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT