ADVERTISEMENT

Official Carolina vs. Gonzaga National Semifinal Game Thread

A minute to go in the half and Thornwell is on the bench. Wow. Unbelievable bad luck. Might have to do it without him unless they have a miracle IV at halftime.

If we come back and win this game, then I'll believe in miracles. The other team is pretty damned good.

Don't get down, Gamecockers. You have another whole 20 minutes to go and USC is a very, very good team. Nerves will have a chance to settle down.

I don't think nerves are the problem. Has thornwell driven to the basket more than once? I hope he's just saving his energy for the 2nd half.

Shooting was our problem late in the season. Hope it doesnt remain a problem in the second half. Gonzaga seems to be hitting almost everything they throw up.
hoping they even out, if so we got a shot

Been down at half almost every game in the tourney. We can do it but its not going to be easy unless the zagnuts cool off.

Damn these guys are pretty good!
Dang, we blew the last 90 seconds. We Had the momentum after Sylva's block but couldn't hit water from a boat.
Meanwhile they couldn't miss.

I hope Martin has a plan for more turnovers and minutes for our scorers. I have confidence that he does.

I'm not sure if the whole team seems to have less energy or if ST's lack of energy is making the whole team seem to lack energy.

I think we made the mistake of not attacking the basket enough after their big man went out. On our final possession, we had the ball with the possibility of taking the final shot and Silva took a long jumper with ~ 12 seconds left.

The refs are letting them play. I thought that would play to our advantage, but I'm not so sure that it is. All I can say is - I hope we come out of the locker room with the same tenacity and relentless energy that we have the whole tournament.

If we do, it'll be a game, because that's what will prevent them from drowning threes all 2nd half.

We have got some good looks on the 3 that haven't found the net

Marquette and Duke were shooting great in the 1st half as well. We'll turn it up in this 2nd half. Im turning up right now! Cheers!

Gonzaga 1st in the nation in defensive efficienty, but they were also 2nd in the entire nation in field goal shooting (over 50% on the season). They are really good. The Gamecocks will have to have a lot go their way and play their best 2nd half of the season to have a chance. Nothing to lose...

McKie was 3 for 3
I'm not sure if the whole team seems to have less energy or if ST's lack of energy is making the whole team seem to lack energy.

I think we made the mistake of not attacking the basket enough after their big man went out. On our final possession, we had the ball with the possibility of taking the final shot and Silva took a long jumper with ~ 12 seconds left.

The refs are letting them play. I thought that would play to our advantage, but I'm not so sure that it is. All I can say is - I hope we come out of the locker room with the same tenacity and relentless energy that we have the whole tournament.

If we do, it'll be a game, because that's what will prevent them from drowning threes all 2nd half.

I'm not really seeing the lack of energy thing. It just seems to me Gonzaga is hitting shots with hands in their face.

McKie was 3 for 3

I'm not really seeing the lack of energy thing. It just seems to me Gonzaga is hitting shots with hands in their face.

Fair point. Maybe I am being unfair in comparing this first half to the incredible play we've shown the since coming out after half-time against Duke, but you're right.

We're missing open looks. They're hitting contested shots. We need to hit those open shots far more often. Come on guys!

I'm not sure what else we can do. They shoot the freakin' ball & they're just very good overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT