ADVERTISEMENT

Official Carolina vs. Gonzaga National Semifinal Game Thread

We gave it our all, made it a hell of a game, even with Thornwell not as his best. A few mistakes here or there made the difference against one of the best teams in the country. We shouldn't even have gotten this far, but we had so much heart. Thanks to Coach Martin and this whole amazing team. I'm so proud to be a Gamecock.

Oh, and we can still win a National Championship this weekend.

15.8.11.SJM_.emg_.uovolleyballvscal-17.jpg
not sure that makes me feel better

Felder brought us back in to the game when we were baffled by a zone defense
If he did it he certainly didn't do it by shooting the ball. His offense was not good at all tonight. But the kid certainly has all the self-confidence in the world.

Reactions: jonesz21
I know some of you are angry, and I'm a little disappointed, but I can't help but to look at the greatest Gamecock team ever and smile. I got to see our best play the best basketball in the toughest environment and come away as regional champs. So many schools never get that opportunity, and perhaps in a year or two, we'll be talking about the new greatest team in Gamecock history. Go Cocks, beat MSU AGAIN!

Good run boys. Proud of their heart.

co-sign

Let's go Oregon

co-sign

Felder decided to be a hero and killed us. He apparently thinks he's a foot taller than he is. He made an awful decision.

That is all.

Back off, Jack! We would not have been in the Final Four without Felder.

What a fricken weekend for Thornwell to get the flu! Daayuumm!

No kidding.

The people who paid big money for those tickets got their money's worth!
...but ... WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT PUT EVERYBODY ON THE LINE TO TRY TO REBOUND THE MISSED FT!!!!

The people who paid big money for those tickets got their money's worth!
...but ... WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT PUT EVERYBODY ON THE LINE TO TRY TO REBOUND THE MISSED FT!!!!

How about this instead....

Make the second shout and call timeout.... Draw up a scheme and everyone covers everyone man on man to get the turnover... They were out of time outs and either they would turn the ball over on the 5 second rule or call a time out and get a technical foul...

I've seen crazy things happen in the NCAA like this back in the 80's watching Ralph Sampson play....

Make the second shout and call timeout.... Draw up a scheme and everyone covers everyone man on man to get the turnover... They were out of time outs and either they would turn the ball over on the 5 second rule or call a time out and get a technical foul...

I've seen crazy things happen in the NCAA like this back in the 80's watching Ralph Sampson play....

Or better yet when you get the lead don't go multiple times back to back with no points being scored or turning it over.

i thought we were out of timeouts, but im with you....i think we should have tried and make the second free throw, guard the inbounds, go for the immediate steal and if we dont get it, foul....either what frank did or what were saying are viable options....who knows

i thought we were out of timeouts, but im with you....i think we should have tried and make the second free throw, guard the inbounds, go for the immediate steal and if we dont get it, foul....either what frank did or what were saying are viable options....who knows

Hard to do without a timeout. Can't set up anything to try to get a steal. Inbounding team would typically have a quick and easy inbound off a made free throw. Looked like there was a miscommunication on the rebound effort, because there was a gaping hole with no Gamecock players in it.

Or better yet when you get the lead don't go multiple times back to back with no points being scored or turning it over.
Brilliant. No...GENIUS!
MY GAWD, WE NEED TO FIRE FRANK TODAY AND HAND THE TITLE TO YOU!
WHY HAVE YOU WASTED ALL OF THIS TALENT SO FAR ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD? PLEASE LIVE UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL AND COACH.
AND IF IT ISN'T AT USC/ PLEASE PURSUE A JOB SOMEWHERE...WITHOUT POSTING AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO...AND LET US ALL KNOW IF YOU FIND WORK...OR DON'T.
Know why?

Reactions: DarkCock
WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT PUT EVERYBODY ON THE LINE TO TRY TO REBOUND THE MISSED FT!!!!

I'm not sure what you're talking about. We had all 5 players as close as they were allowed to be to the basket. In retrospect Coach Martin probably should have instructed Silva to just go over the backs of the Gonzaga players and force the officials to make a call (or does that only work for UNCarolina?)

LOL. The bigot's new defense. What's even dumber is another bigot running with their stale little GIF to defend bigoted words that aren't even theirs. Pathetic. This thread officially belongs in ST now with the rest of the bigot threads. #thisiscarolina for everyone to see.

Just to be clear: "zaggot" is a portmeanteau of "Gonzaga" or "Zag" and "f aggot," a hate speech term. Way to go Chucktown. Let's start this shit on the main board. Were you drunk last night?

Can we call the Bulldogs the Bulln iggers when they play the women? Please? #myusc

Reactions: paladin181
LOL. The bigot's new defense. What's even dumber is another bigot running with their stale little GIF to defend bigoted words that aren't even theirs. Pathetic. This thread officially belongs in ST now with the rest of the bigot threads. #thisiscarolina for everyone to see.

Just to be clear: "zaggot" is a portmeanteau of "Gonzaga" or "Zag" and "f aggot," a hate speech term. Way to go Chucktown. Let's start this shit on the main board. Were you drunk last night?

Can we call the Bulldogs the Bulln iggers when they play the women? Please? #myusc

portmeanteau. Yes...I had to look it up.

And imho, he can call anybody he wants whatever he wants. Its called free speech. Doesn't mean you or I have to agree with it

*sigh*

Has nothing to do with free speech. It violates Rivals rules. Shouldn't be on this Gamecocks board. I assure you that no one's free speech is being violated.

https://n.rivals.com/news/message-board-rules-15

I guess you assumed two things there:
1] the word zaggot is actually interpreted by most to be a portmeanteau of the two words you say.
2] the average person including fgf moderators know what portmeanteau is or care.

I guess you assumed two things there:
1] the word zaggot is actually interpreted by most to be a portmeanteau of the two words you say.
2] the average person including fgf moderators know what portmeanteau is or care.

1) You must be a Trump supporter. "Don't believe what you see with your own two eyes!"

2) Why on earth would you have to know what a portmeanteau is to know what "Zaggot" meant?

Go through all the mental acrobatics you want. It's pretty cut and dry. Mods deleted it. LOL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT