ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gamecock vs Tarheel prediction thread

Aug 24, 2015
I'm gonna go with 33-31 cocks.

Fry kicks the game winner with 4 min left and our improved D makes a gutsy stand on a 4th and short to run out the clock.

MARK MY WORDS WE DOMINATE FROM THE START
HBC RUNS TO SET UP THE PASS WILDS 100+ WILLIAMS 70+ MITCH 60% FOR 200
HOKE GOING TO SHOW HOW TO CALL A DEFENSIVE GAME
41-21 AND NOT THAT CLOSE

Reactions: gamecock ed
41-20 Carolina starts to pound on the ground and Mitch heats up as game progresses. Defense settles in to pretty much thwart the UNC offense.

I see this going one of two ways. We start off running and develop a solid ground game and a passing game that scores also. The defense plays well but not dominating with so many new faces. It's a 38-21 victory.....or we get stuffed early and resort to the pass with dire results. The defense is on the field too long and we end up on the short side 35-28.....I think the first will be the most likely and we will get better with each game. I can see a good year and that being a springboard for the 2016 season....wow....you just wanted this game.....we win 38-21....

I'm a Clemson fan and I'm on the fence about this one. I do believe that ball control, on the part of SC, is key for them to win. This is such a hard game to pick because I don't know which UNC will show up. Will it be the team that put up 7 on NCST or the team that scored 35 on the #1 defense in the nation...On the other side, will the OBC continue to run the ball (if he's having success with it) or let his ego get the better of him and go with the 'fun-n-gun'...logic tells me that a proven offense with nearly every starter back is > an unproven defense that ranked near the bottom last year. Having said that, I do think SC is the better program, imo. And, something about them being a more nationally relevant FB program makes it hard for me to go with UNC...I can't articulate why that is impacting my view on this game but it is.

Gun to my head.
28-17 UNC

Everybody should make lots of money based on these predictions. The line is only 3. Pay off that mortgage!

24 - 21 USC. Late field goal and then defense barely holds on as time expires. A very unsatisfying and un-revealing victory, so that the following week we still don't know what we have. But, a W is a W...

I wouldn't touch this game from a gambling standpoint... Too much is just plain unknown.

I figure both teams should be ready to play and probably the most critical match up will the UNC OL vs. USC DL. UNC will be playing the HUNH offense and will try and get the running game going. They've got quality WRs and Hood is a good RB. If the OL can establish that running game and keep the USC defense guessing on run/pass, I think that UNC will score more points than USC can with a new QB to break in.

I do think that USC is the better team top to bottom and in the absence of a clear advantage to UNC, I'd pick USC by 10+. The new players on the USC defensive line make the difference.

14-13 Cocks....Lots of turnovers/penalties for both teams. Both offenses struggle ... We have a long drive in 4th qtr to preserve the win...

Everybody should make lots of money based on these predictions. The line is only 3. Pay off that mortgage!

IF you are going to bet on the college game, now is the time to do it, not game 5 of the season.

My prediction, 45-10 which will include a pick - 6, and a punt return for a TD. Hoke will show us why he does not need any help coaching the DBs.

I predict PAIN for the Gamecock nation after this one is over, little #3 runs up and down the field on you and the season is in a tailspin from the start, much like it was after you escaped from Chapel Hole a few years ago......

Last time we played, your D looked spent after the first quarter....UNC runs 175 plays on you this year....

Reactions: cp1275
Reposting my take from different board...

My take, IF it goes as I expect.

Cocks 3 13 17 7 34
Heels 10 7 7 0 24

Heels offensive experience gives them early lead. Cocks offense struggles until mid second quarter. Cocks outcoach with adjustments on both offense and defense and catch up by halftime. Extra offensive wrinkle added at halftime by Cocks. Lack of talented depth on defense dooms the Heels late third quarter. After two digit lead, Spurrier calls off the attack and milks the clock. Saves up for conference play.

I predict PAIN for the Gamecock nation after this one is over, little #3 runs up and down the field on you and the season is in a tailspin from the start, much like it was after you escaped from Chapel Hole a few years ago......

Last time we played, your D looked spent after the first quarter....UNC runs 175 plays on you this year....

Not quite. I expect a close win for us. This will not be the same defense as before. You will see but I still think it will be close.

27-13 Gamecocks.

I don't care how tired they look as long as they keep the other other team out of the end zone, which I think they will for the most part.

Cocks 3 13 17 7 34
Heels 10 7 7 0 24

Heels offensive experience gives them early lead. Cocks offense struggles until mid second quarter. Cocks outcoach with adjustments on both offense and defense and catch up by halftime. Extra offensive wrinkle added at halftime by Cocks. Lack of talented depth on defense dooms the Heels late third quarter. After two digit lead, Spurrier calls off the attack and milks the clock. Saves up for conference play.

THIS^^^^^^
With the exception of last year, we played like this a good bit. Let teams hang around or have a lead and then the D would shut them down, and our running game would wear the opponents D down in the second half.

Cocks 3 13 17 7 34
Heels 10 7 7 0 24

3 + 13 + 17 + 7 = 34???

Math is hard

Reactions: gteeitup and cp1275

Cocks 3 13 17 7 34
Heels 10 7 7 0 24

I like it. I'm thinking it will be a really close first half as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNC scores first and leads at the half. A deeper DL, and proper defensive adjustments swings the momentum in our direction. SC wins by 7-10 points.

3 + 13 + 17 + 7 = 34???

Math is hard
LOL, I had the second quarter as 7 points for us, then, thinking it through, figured we would catch up by halftime and added two more field goals(one of those just before the clock runs out) and forgot to update the total.

Corrected total 40 Cocks 24 Heels

24 - 21 USC. Late field goal and then defense barely holds on as time expires. A very unsatisfying and un-revealing victory, so that the following week we still don't know what we have. But, a W is a W...
I hope you are wrong. We have had too many games like this. But I'll take the WIN!!

Let me preface this by saying I'm still nervous because of last season.... but I really hope we don't have to rely on a 4th quarter defensive stand to get the W. I think it would be one hell of a confidence booster for a defense that's been slammed all year, but my nerves couldn't handle it. I'd yell at the TV so much that my poor dog wouldn't come downstairs for days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT