ADVERTISEMENT

Official it's a meaningless bowl game thread.

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Please post if you agree. And I will bump it back to the top if we lose. Thanks.

Outside of the Cotton, Orange, and National Title...which Bowl game isn’t really meaningless?

Personally, I think 8-5 is better than 7-6. Same for every other meaningless bowl game.
So that's a yes its meaningless?

Please all I want is
Yes its meaningless
No it's not meaningless.

It’s a must win. Need that 8th win.
(I agree with you) But why? Why is it a must win? Why does this football program need an 8th win?

According to half the bleeding hearts on here, it doesn't matter, it's all good, peace love and a lot of other hippie dippie crap. Feel like playing? Cool. Don't feel like playing? No problem.

Of course when you stop and use a single brain cell to think about what they're saying, their position falls apart completely. (always does)

Reactions: Jpcooper
(I agree with you) But why? Why is it a must win? Why does this football program need an 8th win?

According to half the bleeding hearts on here, it doesn't matter, it's all good, peace love and a lot of other hippie dippie crap. Feel like playing? Cool. Don't feel like playing? No problem.

Of course when you stop and use a single brain cell to think about what they're saying, their position falls apart completely. (always does)

It’s always good to go into the offseason on a good note. Huge difference in winning your bowl game and losing as far as how the offseason feels. Need positivity around the program. Can impact recruiting, helps convince boosters to give $, good for fanbase.

It’s always good to go into the offseason on a good note. Huge difference in winning your bowl game and losing as far as how the offseason feels. Need positivity around the program. Can impact recruiting as well.

my response was sarcasm. I know all this. It's black and white. It's correct. Winning MATTERS. Quitting doesn't, apparently.

In my opinion they had meaning before the early enrollment era . Most of your recruiting class in finalized and signed before the bowl game is played . Winning or losing the Belk bowl is not gonna mean a hill of beans in the mind of an elite recruit .

Purty meaningless. I havnt seen any evidence that goin to bowls promises any improvement on the following season,at least not at carolina

Reactions: ddw1263
Yes it’s meaningless. Not afraid to go against the grain.

Wake Forest won the Belk Bowl against Texas A and M last year. The Aggies fired their coach for going to the Belk Bowl. Tell me how much Wake benefitted from their big win.

TAM benefitted from the loss...

So if we quit, we can benefit from quitting without playing a down...

If we had the tradition of Alabama or Ohio State then yeah it’s probably fairly meaningless, but we have a pretty small trophy case and anytime we can add a bowl win , we need to take advantage.
Maybe the attitude that it’s meaningless is why Deebo decided to quit on his team.
No it’s not meaningless

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Not meaningless...My family has just this chance to go to a game together.

This is silly really.. first time I went to a game at Clemmons I marveled at of the bowl game banners they had. We have the chance to add another one..Go away.

Reactions: gcocks2010
Nothing in life has meaning. You are less than a speck of dust on a gnat's a$$ in this universe. So, yeah, this trifle of an athletic competition played on a tiny planet in the entire expanse of space has absolutely no meaning. Nothing that happens on this planet does, this planet that will be vaporized in a matter of years by an exploding star, and will only exist for the blink of an eye in the universal timeline.

Relatively speaking, however, it has some meaning to me. My alma mater playing in a bowl game close to the town where I grew up, against a pretty decent team. Means something to me.

Please post if you agree. And I will bump it back to the top if we lose. Thanks.

Need some context. Define “meaningless “

I would say no game u can play and win is meaningless but it’s not gonna win us the national title...

Are you kidding me? No difference in 7-6 and 8-5? Can win bowl games 7 out of 8 yrs.,(or 6 out of 7). Coaches present recruits with stuff like that, BS! One reason I`m so disappointed in Deebo. Heath Cline said "there`s nothing on the line." BS!

Are you kidding me? No difference in 7-6 and 8-5? Can win bowl games 7 out of 8 yrs.,(or 6 out of 7). Coaches present recruits with stuff like that, BS! One reason I`m so disappointed in Deebo. Heath Cline said "there`s nothing on the line." BS!
This right here is a prime reason you play your backups when you can. Any time you get a decent lead all positions should be substituted out. That way you have experience in real game time playing of all your players. What if Bentley decides to go pro this year.. who has experience to take over

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT