ADVERTISEMENT

Official it's a meaningless bowl game thread.

No. It is not meaningless. Rather go than sit home and I bet the programs sitting home would be glad to replace us.

Meaningless ever since 5 and 6 win teams can go to one. Extremely meaningless since the 4-team playoff. Gargantuanly Super meaningless since the players see no reason to play in it if it isn't a playoff game. It doesn't mean shyt to juniors and seniors, then it doesn't mean shyt to me(you know the guy that pays money for them to attend and then leave early when the team needs them the most)

Why stop at the bowl game? Why even play the last 2 or 3 games of the season? I want my money back.

Reactions: Jpcooper
If this game is meaningless then all games are meaningless. Is that the angle you're gonna take Nietzsche?

Could have meaning for 1 person but not another. I would think it would have meaning to the players, especially the younger guys who are going to get extra practice/playing time. Personally, I'm interested in any Gamecock football game, regardless of who they are playing or when.

Could have meaning for 1 person but not another. I would think it would have meaning to the players, especially the younger guys who are going to get extra practice/playing time. Personally, I'm interested in any Gamecock football game, regardless of who they are playing or when.
How can this game be meaningless, it’s your last game. It’s the last time to see the Gamecocks play until August. The season will be over and all of the seniors will be gone. For me football season passed too early. One more game and that’s it. It’s the last time to put in your game gear and pull for the Gamecockd

I'll admit, many years ago, I too felt that there were too many, meaningless bowl games.
Eventually, it dawned on me, these so-called meaningless bowl games are not played for
some ulterior motive or some pseudo holy crusade. They're played to say THANKS, for all the memories you gave us. Thanks, for swallowing all that dried out practice field dust, day after day, on 90+ degree August afternoons, THANKS, for getting out of bed at 5:30 AM, to make morning practice where NO ONE was watching and every single part of your body ached so bad that even your hair was sore. Thanks, for sitting on the bench and not getting into a single game all year and allowing your body to be used as a tackling dummy for the stars to hone their skills.

For most of these guys, these meaningless bowl games will be their last flirtation with any type of fame or notoriety, until maybe ... just maybe ... 40 years from now, when no one else remembers you even played football, a grandson will jump on your lap and with stars of admiration in his eyes he asks ... "Grandpa ... YOU played in a college bowl game?"

Amen! Jpcooper and Thigh Man. All games are meaningful. In every game, we ought to have all hands on deck and ready to go. 39 bowls. 78 teams. 4 teams were bowl eligible and didn't get invited. Think they'd go if asked? Certainly!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT