ADVERTISEMENT

Official PGA Thread

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
Nice to see a couple of SC boys in the running! Good major leader board again!

Not very impressed with TNT's coverage, too many commercials, not enough Amanda and too much Trevor!

Reactions: cockofdawn
It’s on cbs now , right. I’m glad you reminded me. Unless it’s the Masters, I don’t get interested until Saturday.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
This gallery is crazy big and they're all Tiger fans! I must say I didn't think it would happen this quick, but he's back!

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Spieth charging. For a guy who hasn’t had his game sharp all year he’s still pretty good. Don’t think he wins though. Lot of good names up there. I prefer Tiger not to win. Schwartzel is boring too.

Speith is crazy good, his irons are as good as anyone and if he gets his putter going he's tough to beat, he will be a contender for a long time as will JT! Needs to calm down his whine game though!

Speith is crazy good, his irons are as good as anyone and if he gets his putter going he's tough to beat, he will be a contender for a long time as will JT! Needs to calm down his whine game though!
You realize you also just explained Tiger - who is arguably the best iron player of all time and can putt just as well as Speith? These are two of my favorite golfers...

Crazy good but certainly struggling this year.
Yeah, he had a really good explanation yesterday about how he made some changes in his set up and was working the wrong thing and it set him back even further! He's still had a pretty good year money wise, his names been on a bunch of leader boards!

Reactions: viennacocks
You realize you also just explained Tiger - who is arguably the best iron player of all time and can putt just as well as Speith? These are two of my favorite golfers...
No doubt, I was just concerned his back issues would slow his progress up, crazy how when he comes up that leaderboard guys start looking in the rearview mirror and get distracted! None of these young guns have experienced that yet!

No doubt, I was just concerned his back issues would slow his progress up, crazy how when he comes up that leaderboard guys start looking in the rearview mirror and get distracted! None of these young guns have experienced that yet!
No - it’s pretty exciting. But Koepka is as cool as a cucumber, and he won’t be phased. I’d love to see them go head to head in a final grouping. Athleticism vs athleticism but entirely opposite personalities...

Yeah, he had a really good explanation yesterday about how he made some changes in his set up and was working the wrong thing and it set him back even further! He's still had a pretty good year money wise, his names been on a bunch of leader boards!
Agreed. Very good year for most tour players but not for Jordan.

Someone get Koepka some bigger sleeves. It’s obvious what he’s going for

He's there, but he's not back. The Young Tiger never would have three-putted that 17th green at such a crucial moment.
Who cares? He’s still within reach. Aside from a possible single golfer who could outplay anyone (that’s every single major), Tiger has an equal chance as anyone else trying to win this. Don’t count him out...

Reactions: Golden Cock
Who cares? He’s still within reach. Aside from a possible single golfer who could outplay anyone (that’s every single major), Tiger has an equal chance as anyone else trying to win this. Don’t count him out...
Not counting him out, but he is no longer transcendent. He is still a top-tier player, but what separated him from the rest is no longer there.

gettyimages-866870564.jpg

Equals ....
latest

He’s out front and waiting for someone who is “TRULY BETTER THAN HIM”

He's still the straw that stirs the drink, but any hope he has of ever winning another major rests with getting that driver straightened out. And he just missed a fairway after teeing off with an iron. The pressure he puts on the rest of his game is enormous.
I agree just seeing who I can irritate on here.. lol

He seems to be holding his own missing fairways! What's with the tiger buttcam and ZZZZZZ comments? I must be slow

Last edited:
He's still the straw that stirs the drink, but any hope he has of ever winning another major rests with getting that driver straightened out. And he just missed a fairway after teeing off with an iron. The pressure he puts on the rest of his game is enormous.
Why do you say that? He’s won plenty of majors without his driver being consistent. It’s always how he’s been, but consistently hitting second shots like he did on #9 is what bailed him out. If his iron play continues like it is now and he putts well, he won’t have to be much more consistent with his driver to win.

Why do you say that? He’s won plenty of majors without his driver being consistent. It’s always how he’s been, but consistently hitting second shots like he did on #9 is what bailed him out. If his iron play continues like it is now and he putts well, he won’t have to be much more consistent with his driver to win.
He will in order to win majors. The majors punish you for missing fairways and missing fairways puts huge pressure on the rest of your game. He was a much better driver of the golf ball earlier in his career than he is now, and I'm not talking about length, either.

I had to leave home before the round ended. Not only had Tiger missed several fairways with the driver but had also missed three fairways while driving with irons. He had missed 10 fairways by the time I left home. You don't think he would have won this tournament had he cut that number in half?

It's a tribute to his mid and short iron play, as well as his putting, and his surreal tenacity, that he threatened to win this thing today. But there's all the difference between winning and finishing second. He HAS to tighten up his driving to win, especially now that he's in his 40s.

Many, heck this is a Major, they always have crowds..
Majors can sell as many tickets as the people running them want to and think the course can handle. The PGA sold a lot of tickets to this one, maybe to take advantage of the hoped-for Tiger factor. You can't do that at a place like Kiawah, where the infrastructure is inadequate. The atmosphere was electric because the Tiger factor materialized. But moving around and finding good vantage points had to be miserable for many of the spectators.

Majors can sell as many tickets as the people running them want to and think the course can handle. The PGA sold a lot of tickets to this one, maybe to take advantage of the hoped-for Tiger factor. You can't do that at a place like Kiawah, where the infrastructure is inadequate. The atmosphere was electric because the Tiger factor materialized. But moving around and finding good vantage points had to be miserable for many of the spectators.
That's mainly what I was referencing, just the shear number of people, it looked 10 to 15 deep for Tiger and 10 deep everywhere else, don't think I remember ever seeing that many fans at a tournament, and they were loud, I couldn't hear the commentators a few times!

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
That's mainly what I was referencing, just the shear number of people, it looked 10 to 15 deep for Tiger and 10 deep everywhere else, don't think I remember ever seeing that many fans at a tournament, and they loud, I couldn't hear the commentators a few times!
It got that loud at the '86 Masters, even though the Masters keeps the number of spectators at a level they deem optimal. But when something is happening, the fans that can walk fast or run try to get to where the story is happening.

Not counting him out, but he is no longer transcendent. He is still a top-tier player, but what separated him from the rest is no longer there.
Maybe; maybe not. He's playing his way back in to what may turn out transcendent after all.

Hope so, because watching a different having-a-good-week robotron win each week gets old quickly, and it doesn't look like any of the touted young Woods-wannabes can maintain much either. Having Koepka and Scott coming down the course yesterday was about like having Leon and Michael Spinks as heavyweight champions.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Maybe; maybe not. He's playing his way back in to what may turn out transcendent after all.

Hope so, because watching a different having-a-good-week robotron win each week gets old quickly, and it doesn't look like any of the touted young Woods-wannabes can maintain much either. Having Koepka and Scott coming down the course yesterday was about like having Leon and Michael Spinks as heavyweight champions.
The man will be 43 years old next major season. He's had multiple injuries, including several to his back. For him to become a big winner again, he has to be in the fairway or at least the second cut more often. Even the young Tiger Woods was in the fairway more often than this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT