ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UK VS. USC GAME THREAD

Was that Roper who caused that QB to sprint 54 yards up the middle on 3rd down..you people blaming the coaches are nuts

Reactions: rogue cock
We can't get one F'n yard on 4th down (multiple times); we can't stop UK on 3rd down all night long. Nice work fellas.

I have been a lifelong Gamecock fan, over 50 years now. I have seen my share of disappointment, but I have to say, tonight is one of the biggest disappointments I have had. Not because I haven't seen worse losses or teams that sucked, I can remember Sparky Woods, Brad Scott and losing coach Morrison, those were major disappointments. I think what really hurts is, that we thought we had hope for a great season, we thought just maybe, Muschamp was going to get it done. Bring us back to national prominence. I think tonight, brought us all back down to earth. This program, is no better off than when Spurrier took over. To lose to Kentucky 4 years in a row, just shows how far we have fallen. I will always love my Gamecocks, but I have determined I will no longer let a bunch of college kids affect my mental state. Good luck and Go Gamecocks.

No, whenever Carolina builds up games it always backfires on us. We should have just gone out and played and treated it for what it was, the first home game. No blackout, no selling t-shirts, no new 2001, no hype. Just play.

We tend to overdo the things the wrong things including 'blackouts' that simply suck anyway.

Was that Roper who caused that QB to sprint 54 yards up the middle on 3rd down..you people blaming the coaches are nuts
No. That was Roper calling plays at midfield on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and 1 that didn't convert. That was Roper failing to capitalize on 2 turnovers inside the UK 40 yardline in the 1st quarter. That was Roper lining up in the shotgun on 4th and goal from the 1, and running Dowdle wide. The defense looked pretty bad in the first half, but they played well enough for a competent offense (and kicking game) to win tonight. We had neither of those things. Is Roper the only reason we lost tonight? No, but he was a HUGE part of it.

I don't want to hear again how "we are so much better than Kentucky". they have beaten us now 4 years in a row. obviously, right now, they are the better program. give them credit. they were the better prepared team tonight. hopefully we bounce back next week.

Reactions: Deli owl
We should pull a Missouri and fire Roper tonight like they did their DC.
...and Coach Bentley for choosing RBs to play....and while we're at it Wolford for not having the OL be able to block for the run. And sit Jake for his inaccuracy and his refusal to go through his progressions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT