ADVERTISEMENT

Official USC schedule thread.

Oh you got jokes. :p:D
tenor.gif

2018, @ ole miss
2017, ncst
2016, UTjr

Didn't the 2018 Ole Miss went 1-7 in conference 5-7 for the year? The other two teams finished their regular seasons 8-4, then won their bowl games. And honestly... we should've won both of those games against NCst and UT. Neither team was a powerhouse, neither team ranked... When I ask who is a team that we've beaten under Muschamp that we shouldn't have, it would be an LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, and not to be left of the list Clemson.... Until the Georgia game last year, Muschamp hadn't beat a ranked team here and is barely above .500 at 26-25....How many times have we even been ranked in his four years here?

Reactions: Brace1
Didn't the 2018 Ole Miss went 1-7 in conference 5-7 for the year? The other two teams finished their regular seasons 8-4, then won their bowl games. And honestly... we should've won both of those games against NCst and UT. Neither team was a powerhouse, neither team ranked... When I ask who is a team that we've beaten under Muschamp that we shouldn't have, it would be an LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, and not to be left of the list Clemson.... Until the Georgia game last year, Muschamp hadn't beat a ranked team here and is barely above .500 at 26-25....How many times have we even been ranked in his four years here?
How many times have we been ranked in his four years here?

This question kills your argument that we should've won games against 8-4 bowl teams.

The line for the ole miss game swung back and forth all week. It was a toss up. The home team typically gets the nod in those matchups. Did you predict a win in Oxford that season?

He won’t be saved by his record. He will be saved by an outbreak of the virus forcing games to be cancelled sometime before week 7.

I agree. The hit to the revenue has saved coaches all across this country that were on the hot seat.

I agree with most of this. BUT, Tennesse was ranked that year we beat them. They were the only ranked team we beat until Georgia last year -- right before we went off the rails. Agree with your overall point though.

How many times have we been ranked in his four years here?

This question kills your argument that we should've won games against 8-4 bowl teams.

The line for the ole miss game swung back and forth all week. It was a toss up. The home team typically gets the nod in those matchups. Did you predict a win in Oxford that season?

So is a "toss up" game a game we shouldn't win? A toss up shows that vegas thought we were evenly matched. The home team gets a typical 3pt nod, by it being a toss-up as you said, meant if anything that vegas saw us as the favorite that day, even on the road.
So we shouldn't expect to beat a bowl team? Teams where we are probably evenly matched. Tennessee finished that year 4-4 in conference while we finished 3-5. NC St. finished the bridesmaid to Clemson in a weak ACC (which Muschamp is now what 1-6 against I believe??) And if we are going to hang our hats on beating an 8-4 team who went to a bowl, then we shouldn't be upset with losing to App St last year who went 13-1 won their conference and bowl games.

So is a "toss up" game a game we shouldn't win? A toss up shows that vegas thought we were evenly matched. The home team gets a typical 3pt nod, by it being a toss-up as you said, meant if anything that vegas saw us as the favorite that day, even on the road.
So we shouldn't expect to beat a bowl team? Teams where we are probably evenly matched. Tennessee finished that year 4-4 in conference while we finished 3-5. NC St. finished the bridesmaid to Clemson in a weak ACC (which Muschamp is now what 1-6 against I believe??) And if we are going to hang our hats on beating an 8-4 team who went to a bowl, then we shouldn't be upset with losing to App St last year who went 13-1 won their conference and bowl games.
I'm not hanging a hat on anything. You asked for examples of games we probably shouldn't have won. I gave you 3. Personally, i expected us to lay an egg in Oxford, given our history there. UTjr was ranked and iirc tied for 1st place in the East going into that game. ncst fielded their best team in years and had top ranked clemson on the ropes until the final moments. We couldn't even give clemson a competitive game that season.

He won’t be saved by his record. He will be saved by an outbreak of the virus forcing games to be cancelled sometime before week 7.

He will be saved due to funding issues and no one wanting to pay him to go away. Paying him and assistants to go away and then having the money for a big investment in a new crew are just no realistic at this juncture.

The likelihood of being 1-5 is pretty realistic. So even if the season gets canceled at the end, No one is going to have any expectation for anything good to come in 2021.

With this schedule, I think 5-5 would be a good season. 4-6 will get the fan base grumbling. 3-7 will be bad any way you look at it, everybody will want to fire Muschamp, but the money will dictate otherwise. Setting up a long and sour off season..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT