ADVERTISEMENT

Official when it's cold outside, I got the Gamecock Basketball game thread.

Jalen Shaw former Gamecock? He seems to be playing with a purpose. Quick and making shots.

Just haven’t played smart at ALL today - takes a 3 pointer on that next to the last possession when w have the size advantage down low - seems like we just dont think

Lot of good young players but they are not the problem - Gravitz just plays stupid BB at times

Can't believe the fans almost lost to Coastal Carolina. We're going to have to recruit better than Sun Belt-quality fans if we want to take our program seriously. Shame on the fans.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I was just about to say while Gravett has made lots of progress, he's good for about two stupid plays a half, then he makes the play of the game. Go figure

That’s BB = Coastal played WAY over their heads today and almost pulled it out - they were shooting lights out for most of the game

Reactions: jeff2001
Glad to see Gravett have success. Confidence booster. CC played well, great teamwork. Need to work on defense after first defender gets beat.

Post game interview with Martin - I love this guy!!

So please if we lose a few along the way that we think we should win - Martin just said he’s gonna make these guys play HIS way not theirs!!

We are fussing about this team eekking out a 2 point win over CC while #1 Duke just got beat by unbanked BC - thats BB - any team can win on any day so we are lucky today!! I will take it

Savage from Martin. Guy just killed his guards in that post game interview.

Said he refuses to play zone, even though these guards can’t play man. False sense of defensive guard play in practice because their offensive guard play is so bad. Sounds like he sees Gravett’s play is awful, but no one is better.

Obviously is realizing his missed in recruiting on his guards.

Who besides me could see a 3 pointer going in for them at the buzzer??

latest

He was wide open- we arent good

This.

Obvious backcourt violation

Actually was not back court violation. Female announcer did not know the rule. Both feet must be across half court and then a foot must be placed in the backcourt for a violation to have occurred.

The coastal player stepped over with one foot then retreated back, thus not a back court violation.

I'd really like to, but.........
So, you think we will lose to clemson?

Thought you would enjoy this gem from roughly a year ago...

Carolina needed that win over Clem perhaps as bad as we've ever needed one. The athletic dept didn't give a crap & handicapped us. Doesn't, nor will ever, sit well with me....even if we play outside our minds & make the freakin' final four (which won't happen; just saying).

Obvious backcourt violation

No backcourt violation:

she didnt know what she was talking about

A basketball player may not dribble the ball from the back court to the front court and then return to the back court again. This is called an over-and-back violation. ... However, once the dribbler has both feet and the ball in the front court, the ball must remain in the front court from that point forward

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT