ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, am I wrong to think that Joyner QB package makes sense?

Triton20x

Feb 1, 2008
Why would you not make a package for one of the best athletes on the team? Has to be a reason minus youth! I'm guessing a Wildcat package would have thrown them off their plan! I see zero unique plays in this play calling. There is no rythm, no quick hitches, get the ball out fast if you don't run it. Too many plays waiting, then Bentley gets sacked. After watching again, the O-line played plenty good enough to win!

Joyner package would have been either a stimulus or taken 1-2 plays away from injured Bentley to make something happen? Joyner is a stud and can change Dynamics!

Watch, I bet you a wildcock happens next wknd! Just watch! Might not be Joyner if he is hurt or whoever wants to breathe?

Last edited:
Why would you not make a package for one of the best athletes on the team? Has to be a reason minus youth! I'm guessing a Wildcat package would have thrown them off their plan! I see zero unique plays in this play calling. There is no rythm, no quick hitches, get the ball out fast if you don't run it. Too many plays waiting, then Bentley gets sacked. After watching again, the O-line played plenty good enough to win!

Joyner package would have been either a stimulus or taken 1-2 plays away from injured Bentley to make something happen? Joyner is a stud and can change Dynamics!

Watch, I bet you a wildcock happens next wknd! Just watch! Might not be Joyner if he is hurt or whoever wants to breathe?

We got nothing to loses....

Bentley isn't the answer... I was pissed in the 2nd quarter we had a chance to move the ball 1 foot and failed...

This is typical of Bentley running the play every singing F'ing time!!!!

Special package my behind. Let him have several series per game. Our current situation is not going well. Let Joyner play. Bentley looked awful again last night. 3 picks!!!!???? I thought he was supposed to be cerebral and accurate as a passer...and all I hear is how inaccurate Joyner’s passing skills are. well he can’t look any worse than a 3 year starter throwing 3 picks in a big game.

Reactions: Sumptacock
Hey you guys lay off Jake .... he should still be in High School right !?!! Look.. he’s only the most experienced QB in the SEC right now .. give him some slack .

I'm glad Bentley wasn't badly hurt, but the thought of having a slower Jake Bentley back next week is not very appealing. We need someone who can tuck and run if needed (like 75% of the pass plays last night).

There's something else we could try. I don't think it suits us long term (we need mobile qb's like Connor Shaw really).

But line up Crosby and Pollard in the backfield as H-Backs and just go full run, with a few passes sprinkled in.

Lost in all this is the fact the offensive line has been excellent at pass blocking this year, and very effective at run blocking at times as well - against both KY and GA.

I know what I am seeing. Jake is getting plenty of time to throw the ball, even an incredible amount of time on some plays. He just doesn't find the open guy.

Scrap all this stuff about hurry up. Try and establish the run first, try to avoid any opportunity for Bentley to throw the ball. Milk the clock as much as we can.

There is a limit to how good we can be doing this, but frankly it is our best shot at avoiding the unlimited downside of what we are trying to do on offense.

With this offense, the all brakes no gas philosophy only serves to get them off the field that much faster. And like I saw a former player mention only allows the D time to drink a cup of water, and go right back on the field. Team morale must be at an all time high.

And yes, despite the previous debate(s) of how well DJ throws (lol with our current QB) he needs to see the field somewhere before he bounces too. Kid is way too talented

Your suggestion makes entirely too much sense, so it will not happen. We are not too smart on matters such as this.

Joyner was figured to have at least some impact on the team, in some position, this year. That he hasn't may be telling for one reason or another. Being a great athlete doesn't always translate to instant greatness at the college level. Got to figure that is the case here. So let's pump the brakes a bit on Joyner being the magical answer.

Well clearly Bentley isn't the answer. Anytime we get on the field against a comparable team he chokes. I'm ready to see the freshman play. Seriously, can he do worse than 3-11 for 9 yards and 2 int's in a half? And that from a 3rd year starter?

If Joyner can’t at least throw short passes now how can we expect he will ever be a good QB?

I understand you want to sign athletes but if we are trying to make him a QB with passing deficiencies like that shame on us.

Last edited:
Hey you guys lay off Jake .... he should still be in High School right !?!! Look.. he’s only the most experienced QB in the SEC right now .. give him some slack .
That "should be in high school" comparison lost all steam last year, and won't play now

Joyner was figured to have at least some impact on the team, in some position, this year. That he hasn't may be telling for one reason or another. Being a great athlete doesn't always translate to instant greatness at the college level. Got to figure that is the case here. So let's pump the brakes a bit on Joyner being the magical answer.
We wish to avoid controversy associated with pulling Bentley

If Joyner can’t at least throw short passes now how can we expect he will ever be a good QB?

I understand you want to sign athletes but if we are trying to make him a QB with passing deficiencies like that shame on us.

As if Jake doesn't have passing deficiencies. lol. But I get your point. I would at least like to give him a chance. I don't expect him to be Tua.

Reactions: Judson1
At a minimum, someone needs to tell Jake Bentley that he is NOT a running QB. The past 2 games, I believe I've seen some tucks from him when plays were designed as passes. It's as if he is trying to pad his rushing numbers.

Yeah it’s called Daddy ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT