ADVERTISEMENT

Ok you hardcore CFB guys, how does the SEC East finish?

All I'm hearing is UT should be good but they missed their chance last year! I would say they better finish 9-3 or Butch is done, and he might be even with that record!

Reactions: ruffledfeathers
Hard to really pick these teams in order, so many IMHO can be interchangeable. So I'm grouping them.
1- 2
UGA, UF ( Either team could be 9-3 or 8-4 )
3-5
UK, UT, SC, ( These teams could be anywhere from 8-4 to 6-6 )
6-7
Mizzou, Vandy . (around 4-8, but could surprise and end up 6-6)

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. UK
4. UT
5. USC
6. Candy
7. Missourah
Agree ^^^ I'm not sure how so many people have us over kensucky when we have lost 3 straight. Uga fl and Tenn all have more talent so I think 5th would be the best guess for us at this point. Now a lot can happen in the season so hopefully the ball bounces our way and we end up 1 or 2. I just wouldn't predict it with the information we have now.

Reactions: jcock101
Most media people are saying UGA. It seems even when they have the better team they still can't over themselves when it comes to beating Florida though. Until they can do it a couple times in a few years it's hard for me to pick against the Gators.

Hard to really pick these teams in order, so many IMHO can be interchangeable. So I'm grouping them.
1- 2
UGA, UF ( Either team could be 9-3 or 8-4 )
3-5
UK, UT, SC, ( These teams could be anywhere from 8-4 to 6-6 )
6-7
Mizzou, Vandy . (around 4-8, but could surprise and end up 6-6)

Wow...this isn't sexy or exciting, but it is so likely to happen it's spooky.

Since I have now moved over 2000 miles from the Gamecocks, I am confident they will bring home a couple of national titles.
USC
UF
UT
UGA
UK
MIZ
VAN

How are things going in Montana? Great I hope. I'm leaving on my road trip next Wednesday. Headed to Colorado and then to Utah and probably Wyoming.

USC
UF
UGA
UK
UT
MIZ
VAN

Top four finish tied, we win the tiebreaker.

Not sold on UT, yet. They finished poorly last season's end. I think we beat them in Knoxville. Both UF and UGA still lose games they shouldn't and keep us in it. My gut suggests we lose to UGA, Uf, and Arkansas. Arkansas is interchangeable with UK and Texas A&M, but suspect Arkansas the most difficult victory of the three. I think we are 5-3 in conference and play the taters at 8-3. Until I see more of the taters, I'm currently putting that game as a toss up/lean to the taters, unfortunately. We'll see soon.

I think some of you are actively looking to offload some kids and wives.
fdyhfr-meme-generator-hide-yo-kids-hide-yo-wife-5dc51d.png

A lot of it depends on who they play in the west, I would say our west schedule is midlin considering what it could be!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tas Burfoot
Here is as real as it gets, if our OL was average we win the East, we have the deepest roster, return18 starters and a couple of DBs may lose their spots by 2nd game. But our OL looks to be starting at least 2 frosh and could be 3, not good, especially early in the year.

Here is as real as it gets, if our OL was average we win the East, we have the deepest roster, return18 starters and a couple of DBs may lose their spots by 2nd game. But our OL looks to be starting at least 2 frosh and could be 3, not good, especially early in the year.
I would say the DL, we have to be able to pressure the passer and stuff the middlle, the go to thing teams used to beat us last year was the run!

The returning starters argument is invalid if they didn't get better as the year progressed (some did, many did not) and you lost 7 games.

Lock..bet your house, wife and kids on it

1. South Carolina
2. Florida
3. Kentucky
4. Georgia
5. Vanderbilt
6. Tennessee
7. Missouri
Super duper garnet colored glasses.:)
If we beat Tenn again, Tenn will be looking to pull Fulmer out or retirement.

How are things going in Montana? Great I hope. I'm leaving on my road trip next Wednesday. Headed to Colorado and then to Utah and probably Wyoming.
Montana is good, Freddie, with two big exceptions. My wife and son are still back East for the moment, so I miss them. And, it has been a very bad fire season in Montana this year, so you have to plan your outdoor activities around the times when the haze and smoke are the worst - which is becoming more and more frequent as we get into August.

Montana is good, Freddie, with two big exceptions. My wife and son are still back East for the moment, so I miss them. And, it has been a very bad fire season in Montana this year, so you have to plan your outdoor activities around the times when the haze and smoke are the worst - which is becoming more and more frequent as we get into August.

Well, I hope your wife and son are able to join you soon, I know you miss them. Sorry about the bad fire season in Montana. Please don't let one of my favorite states burn down.

Florida
Georgia
UT
USC
UK
Vandy
Mizzou

Note: UT, USC and UK are practically a toss-up. If we can win in Knoxville, we take 3rd. If we lose to UK for an unprecedented 4th straight year, we finish 5th. I think the former is more likely than the latter though. I also believe we'll find a way to beat Clemsux this year.

The returning starters argument is invalid if they didn't get better as the year progressed (some did, many did not) and you lost 7 games.

We lost 7 games? Actually we lost 5.. Our OL's inability to get any movement or pass block we out downfall, couldn't get 1st downs to kill clocks. Defense was good, Chubb is now at 100%, quickness and speed have come back to pre injury. The starter on the OL was the best one we had last year, WR are what they are. If the OL is average we still win the East based on the defense we will put on the field and our RB's ability to pick up tough yards, all of them can break tackles, hopefully they don't have to break too many 2 yards deep.

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Kentucky
4. South Carolina
5. Tennessee
6. Vanderbilt
7. Missouri

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT