ADVERTISEMENT

Okay. I've been converted. After serious thought and consideration I have . . .

67gamecock

Oct 3, 2000
Lexington, SC
come to the conclusion that Greenville is an EXCELLENT choice for the NCAA basketball (M and W) playoffs. Everything is so compact there - arena, bars, restaurants, hotels, etc., plus a river runs through it. Columbia's great too, but it's the Home of the Gamecocks, so I doubt we have a chance in getting a playoff bid.

Greenville: Geographically close to several SEC schools and a bunch of ACC schools, plus having a great venue, Bon Secours, it looks like it (the city) was made for March Madness. To hell with Greensboro, Greenville wins hands down for the playoffs, imo.

Been waiting all week for your in depth analisis. Today just became great. Great post.

It has a freaking water fall in the middle of town, for crying out loud. A water fall! Seriously, it's an awfully easy place to spend a day before walking over to the coliseum.

It has a freaking water fall in the middle of town, for crying out loud. A water fall! Seriously, it's an awfully easy place to spend a day before walking over to the coliseum.

And I remember when the Camperdown Bridge completely blocked that view....and the huge fight over removing the bridge.

Reactions: memphis cock#
When I first heard Tanner give the hotel excuse and say Columbia wasn't an option and Greenville got the bid I was passed. However it makes perfect sense now. The women need to host, the men wouldn't get to play on their home court so now I love it. I hope Greenville , or MB or Charleston get it every year

When I first heard Tanner give the hotel excuse and say Columbia wasn't an option and Greenville got the bid I was passed. However it makes perfect sense now. The women need to host, the men wouldn't get to play on their home court so now I love it. I hope Greenville , or MB or Charleston get it every year

Tanner didn't make the decision

It us beautiful. No doubt. Now if we can only clean up the polluted water running through it. It makes no sense that we cannot clean up the Reedy River.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT