ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma and texas want in the SEC.

If the report is true, that's an interesting conversation to have. Oklahoma is a heck of a long way away, but not much further than Arkansas or Missouri. It adds two huge names to the conference in all three big sports - football, basketball, and (Texas) baseball. If it's legit, that would be hard for the SEC to turn down it would seem. This would especially be the case if the new TV contract could be renegotiated. I wouldn't mind the opportunity to see Carolina play UT or OU.

No way Texas is leaving the Longhorn, oops I mean Big XII conference. Especially after they just made them bend over and deem the upside down Horns gesture as being mean.

I predict a record number of penalties in the Red River Shootout this year. #BoomerSooner
This is just the first chatter in what will be the realigning of CFB. Deep throat is still accurate 50 years later......”Follow the money!”

If this happens then I think the contract between ESPN channels and ABC and SEC would have to be redone for more money for each team.

Texas A&M would resume their rivalry with Texas.

SEC would be the super conference

Auburn could move to the Eastern division in the SEC.

Oklahoma State and West Virginia to the Big Ten?

The Big 12 would be one of the " Group of Five football conference".

If this happens then I think the contract between ESPN channels and ABC and SEC would have to be redone for more money for each team.

Texas A&M would resume their rivalry with Texas.

SEC would be the super conference

Auburn could move to the Eastern division in the SEC.

Oklahoma State and West Virginia to the Big Ten?

The Big 12 would be one of the " Group of Five football conference".
OK State and WVU would never get accepted into the BIG 10 due to their academic standings...WVU is the easiest state school to get into in America....that would not sit well, with Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State....

Hopefully the SEC wouldn’t kick out two currently “lower tier” SEC teams to make room for two traditional heavyweights. It crosses my mind that the SEC would suggest that Carolina and poor Vanderbilt to join up elsewhere.

Geographically, I thought that letting Texas a&m in was pushing it. Who would wanna be in next, the other USC?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Shoot, if they admit Texas and Oklahoma, they might just kick us and another bottom feeder out.
That did cross my mind, but I would not like to see South Carolina join the ACC. I also understand that due to money, South Carolina would likely accept joining the ACC.

Picking up Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would not be bad. The Big 10 would be interested in Texas but not the Oklahoma schools.

Hopefully they wouldn’t kick out two current “lower tier” SEC teams to make room for two traditional heavyweights.
Geographically, I thought that letting Texas a&m in was pushing it. Who would wanna be in next, the other USC? Lol
One of those two needs to go back to the ACC if that league expands. We could forget ever winning an SEC championship. NIL would only make it less likely.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
WE'RE NEVER GOING TO THE ACC.
WE'RE NEVER LEAVING THE SEC. NEVER
That doesn't mean we shouldn't. It's already been proven that a small-enrollment provincial school can come out of that league and win multiple national championships. We are more like UPC than we are like Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, or the other national legacy teams to which they compare. How many legacy teams in the ACC?

I would rather see, OU and either VT or NC State.....imo
Question. Bring in Clemson and watch them implode for a while until they learn to play football? Or leave them out to have the easy schedule and leaven to that standard? We would have to approve and I doubt that happens.

The only reason I would be against it is it would give clemson an easier path to the playoffs because the SEC might send two teams to the playoffs but I can’t see the committee allowing more than that from any conference

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Question. Bring in Clemson and watch them implode for a while until they learn to play football? Or leave them out to have the easy schedule and leaven to that standard? We would have to approve and I doubt that happens.
Don't think that argument actually works anymore. They would have every bit the chance to win the SEC as the other SEC powerhouses. It may not always have been that way, but those days have come and gone.

Is that you Dawn?
No, my life doesn't revolve around college football and, frankly, have as much fun when I went to games at UDayton or as I do now going to some games at GSU. Enjoy going to Carolina baseball games as much or more than football games. It is purely a casual activity....a way to spend some fun time with family and friends. And I used to love taking my girls to watch the women's basketball team....it was fun, competitive and exciting....a great time.

Last edited:
To hell with both of them. We already have all of the Texas markets thanks to A&M.

I say we kick them in the balls and invite Ok State and WVU instead. Get the Oklahoma market anyway and the WV/Pittsburgh market while creating a Hatfield/McCoy rivalry for WVU and UK.

Reactions: ZanesPopPop
To hell with both of them. We already have all of the Texas markets thanks to A&M.

I say we kick them in the balls and invite Ok State and WVU instead. Get the Oklahoma market anyway and the WV/Pittsburgh market while creating a Hatfield/McCoy rivalry for WVU and UK.
I'm sure that both sides are hunting larger game than you suggest. We could have had both of those schools years ago if that's what the boys in Birmingham wanted.

Hopefully the SEC wouldn’t kick out two currently “lower tier” SEC teams to make room for two traditional heavyweights. It crosses my mind that the SEC would suggest that Carolina and poor Vanderbilt to join up elsewhere.

Geographically, I thought that letting Texas a&m in was pushing it. Who would wanna be in next, the other USC?
I would take an ACC schedule any day rather than getting killed by the blue bloods every year. We just can’t keep up with the depth needed to realistically compete. Just my opinion.

Because I support the wishes of a fellow member (a&m) and I hope they would do the same if it were us.
There's way more at stake here than the wishes of one member. If they were Alabama, I could see it. They are a charter member of the league and have carried the banner better than anyone. But they aren't going to let a relative neophyte nix a blockbuster deal, should it come.

Reactions: ecrumpton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT