ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma City instead of Greensboro???

Doesn't make sense unless they wanted to give Tennessee the advantage that our team earned.

Originally posted by 75CarolinaFan:
Doesn't make sense unless they wanted to give Tennessee the advantage that our team earned.
Exactly. We are a #1 seed and 30-2 on the season with the 18th strength of schedule and #3 RPI. We've won every Championship that we've played for so far and just got done beating UT by 16 on a not-so-neutral court.

Well this is the guy that said we wouldn't be a number 1 seed last year.

Originally posted by roostah1:
Well, in his defense, we shouldn't have been. Not trying to knock last year's team, but USC was a 2-seed. Stanford deserved the #1.

This year is different. We ARE a 1-seed team, and there is no doubt about it.

I think what is actually happening is Notre Dame being given the Greensboro, since it is 10.5 hours from them and OKC is 12.5.

Someone has to get screwed over for ND to be 2 hours closer. Why not us?

Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:
Didn't they send us to the west coast last year? Send Tennessee to the west coast...
Exactly, why cannot Tenn go to OKC also? So we travel 2 years in a row. But of course this is just one man's opinion on where we go.

Well it ain't in stone yet, who knows, the committee may be smarter than this guy
lurk.r191677.gif

I dont like the avoid UCONN justification. We wouldnt see UCONN until at least the Final Four in that case. We would have to play them eventually...

Originally posted by uscbeckham:

Originally posted by roostah1:
Well, in his defense, we shouldn't have been. Not trying to knock last year's team, but USC was a 2-seed. Stanford deserved the #1.

This year is different. We ARE a 1-seed team, and there is no doubt about it.

I think what is actually happening is Notre Dame being given the Greensboro, since it is 10.5 hours from them and OKC is 12.5.

Someone has to get screwed over for ND to be 2 hours closer. Why not us?
And it's 15 hours from Columbia to OKC. So ND is closer to OKC than we are. Why not send them there? Makes no sense for us not to be in Greensboro.

I was thinking the same thing Titleist. Why should we have to travel after we are the champions of the best conference in WBball? I guess we will see but it wouldn't surprise me since we are the new kid on the block so to speak.

Originally posted by gamecockengineer2011:
I dont like the avoid UCONN justification. We wouldnt see UCONN until at least the Final Four in that case. We would have to play them eventually...
I'm not sure what you mean...we wouldn't play UCONN until, at least, the Final Four in any scenario since both USC and UCONN are locks for no. 1 seeds.

The avoid UCONN justification is about the Huskies avoiding UT in their bracket. That's fair. UCONN is a clear no. 1 seed and shouldn't have play UT in a regional. However, I agree with some of the other posters who suggest the solution is to send UT out west.

That is just ESPN's guess. We are definitely a number one seed and we will definitely be in either the OKC or GSO Regional. I really hope for GSO, but I might go to either one. I'd definitely go to GSO and Tampa.

I thought I heard on the radio this morning that the Greensboro regional winner plays the Albany regional winner (UConn) in the Final Four. I believe they position the regionals where 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 correct? Obviously the teams may not make it that far but that's how it is set up.

The #1 overall seed gets placed in the regional closest to home. After that, it's not about what is closest to home entirely. USC will most likely be the #2 overall seed and those two options are West coast and OKC. Therefore SC will most likely go to OKC. Tenn probably deserves the last #1 seed and therefore as the fourth #1 seed, would be sent to Greensboro (to ultimately play UConn in the Final Four.

Technically UConn should have the 8th overall team as their #2 seed. I'm guessing Tenn will be in Greensboro as a #1 or #2 Seed. But Tenn shouldn't be in UConn's bracket regardless.

The top two seeds as I see them:

Albany:
#1 UConn
#2 Florida State

Greensboro:
#1 Tennessee
#2 Maryland

OKC
#1 South Carolina
#2 Stanford

Spokane
#1 Notre Dame
#2 Baylor

I wouldn't have a problem with facing Stanford in OKC, if it means we wouldn't have to face UCONN until the finals. I do, however, have an issue with possibly facing Baylor in OKC, which is what the ESPN bracketologist-dude is currently saying. That's BS.

Well I was thinking Baylor in OKC and Stanford in Spokane which makes sense geographically. However, I didn't put that as that would give Baylor a good #2 seed and basically be a favorite come regionals. If Baylor wins tonight and wins the tournament, they may leap up and grab the #1 seed away from Tennessee and play Tennessee in Greensboro as UT as the #2 seed. Then that would swing Maryland to the #2 seed in Spokane or OKC. If so, I would guess Maryland would go to OKC and Stanford to Spokane.

Heck, I thought for sure we were going to Greensboro. Man, that really upsets me because I am in a great position to attend the games in Greensboro.

Originally posted by Freddie.B.Cocky:

Heck, I thought for sure we were going to Greensboro. Man, that really upsets me because I am in a great position to attend the games in Greensboro.
This is just a guess on the part of an analyst, not the NCAA.

Funny that this same guy had us pencilled in for Greensboro on Sunday morning and then we win the SEC Tourney and now he says we go to Ok City. Just doesn't make sense as NCAA is all about making money and filling the stadiums so my take is we do end up in Greensboro.

This would be a travesty. I certainly hope that the committee will use some common sense as well as look at where they assigned us last year. To perhaps give a number 2 seed (for travel reasons) more consideration that a 1 just doesn't cut it in my book. Hopefully, all of this is just hot air, and we are sent to Greensboro, where we all hope and expect to be.

Originally posted by luvmygamecocks:
Funny that this same guy had us pencilled in for Greensboro on Sunday morning and then we win the SEC Tourney and now he says we go to Ok City. Just doesn't make sense as NCAA is all about making money and filling the stadiums so my take is we do end up in Greensboro.
Can't overlook the opening round game(s).

Yes, and some of the other "experts" were saying they thought that Tenn would be a #2 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT