ADVERTISEMENT

Old DJ Swearinger Clip Warmups Against Clemson

He BROUGHT a MEAN Attitude. Liberals today would Hate him!!
I never realized how nonchalant the hit was. Usually when two players collide, they both absorb some impact. Ellington blew up and Swag just shrugged him off. If I remember correctly, he got a PI later and a pick 6 on the next play with a 15 yard celebration penalty. His attitude sealed it though. Never did two major penalties help the team they penalized more than DJ's, since his ruthless attitude would turn the game.

I never realized how nonchalant the hit was. Usually when two players collide, they both absorb some impact. Ellington blew up and Swag just shrugged him off. If I remember correctly, he got a PI later and a pick 6 on the next play with a 15 yard celebration penalty. His attitude sealed it though. Never did two major penalties help the team they penalized more than DJ's, since his ruthless attitude would turn the game.
He got 15 yards for flexing after this hit. And it was so worth it!

I believe you're thinking about the WHO CARES call against Arkansas..

Reactions: paladin181
Hope our Football ops guys are smart enough to arm some of our guys pregame with some GoPro to catch some of that racist tater talk this year.

The time he threw ball in the stands in one of my favorite moments in Gamecock history.

While I wish we had some of this fire now...

It's a lot easier to act and play with this kind of swagger when you know you're better than the opponent. We ain't better than them now.

People always say the same about the baseball team. It was easier to have swag when you had 5-6 future big leaguers on the team

DJS is one of my favorite Gamecocks ever. I heard Boyd talking about why he never played well against us. He recalled this incident where Swearinger ran thru their warmups. But he said DJ actually intercepted a practice pass. If this is the same incident then he remembers it wrong. He was really rattled every time we saw him. He couldn't set his feet because he knew he was getting popped on almost every drop back. When we had them in a situation where they had to pass or lose the game, no taters wanted the ball over the middle. They got alligator arms. And we were so good at the corners they had to throw there.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT