ADVERTISEMENT

Old news segment shows Herschel's Trans Am in high school

55vett

Dec 23, 2000
Was it ever proven that a Clemson booster bought him that car? Check out this old news segment I happened to stumble on:

I never heard the Clemson Walker deal

The famous one is Eric Dickerson getting the gold trans am from Texas AM then going to SMU

He still wont say flat out it but his interviews and smiles and the way he answers it confirms it was from Texas AM

BQ22Y6TCEAAJjlZ.jpg

Was it ever proven that a Clemson booster bought him that car? Check out this old news segment I happened to stumble on:

Check out the color of the Trans Am. If Clemson would have purchased, it would have been orange. I heard Clemson boosters just paid his Dad's house payment for 2 years plus incidentals. I also heard Herschel got $10.00/seat for a block of 600 seats for every home game he played!

Georgia bought the car. Chuck Reedy showed up, saw the car, and knew it was trouble for Clemson.

Georgia bought the car. Chuck Reedy showed up, saw the car, and knew it was trouble for Clemson.

That makes sense since he went to Georgia, i never heard the Clemson deal and they didnt seem to miss back then, if they wanted to buy you they did, the Dickerson car is talked about so much because the school he never to went bought the car. Some booster was like, now what?

Hard to believe Clemsux was in his final three at that time, but that's when all sports at Dung College were on the brink of the death penalty! Remember Tates Lock? Bill McClellan? That place was was like the mafia in those days.

I read a story (may have been SI) where Hershel took a visit to Clemson, and drove there in his Transam. When he drove up in his new ride, Ford said, "Well, I guessed we lost him."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT