ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic sports

Percy57

Jun 2, 2001
I know it doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things but why do we never do well in the Olympic or "minor" sports.

Other teams in the league run up a lot of championships in swimming,track,field,tennis, golf and other sports. We have great facilities and, I guess, pretty good coaches but we can't win in these sports?

Golf???? Both men's and women's are top 10 programs. Equestrian #1 or 2 every year.

Track is disappointing, won a National Title and instead of building on that we went south. Should be much better!!!

Originally posted by MorganEFan:

Golf???? Both men's and women's are top 10 programs. Equestrian #1 or 2 every year.

Track is disappointing, won a National Title and instead of building on that we went south. Should be much better!!!
What happened there?

Well I'll just say we didn't build on that title and that is a shame. Powers that be can decide if they are content with finishes that are being posted. SEC is an elite conference and recruiting should not be an issue.

Originally posted by MorganEFan:

Well I'll just say we didn't build on that title and that is a shame. Powers that be can decide if they are content with finishes that are being posted. SEC is an elite conference and recruiting should not be an issue.
I was astounded when it happened so I started paying partial attention to the results. I couldn't believe how quickly the fall from was and to the degree that we sucked! I was curious if anyone had a good theory on what da hell happened.

I think the olympic sports as a whole are greatly improving. Women's soccor, both golf teams, both tennis teams, and some other squads have really stepped up in recent years. I think we got a good softball coach now with new facilities in most sports. The athletic village should help.

Our athletic department is in very good hands and most programs are competing at the highest level with success. Great to see so many programs ranked highly and competing for National titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT