ADVERTISEMENT

OMAHA: June 19th, 2002..."USC Clobbers Clemson"

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
Senior dh Trey Dyson hits two home runs as the Yardcocks rallied from a three run deficit to defeat Clemson 12-4. The two teams will meet again for the right to advance to the title game.

Clemson coach Jack Leggett sugguested USC players crossed the line "I guess I'm not a big fan of tossing bats after home runs and hats after hat tricks ( USC freshman Matt Campbell struck out the side in the fifth inning). We will be ready to play Friday!"

“We will be ready to play Friday!"[/QUOTE]

I think Gen Armstrong Custer said the same thing about the Indians on the way to Little Big Horn. ;)

Was there anything Legget did NOT complain about when it came to playing us? After a while he should realize it makes HIM look like the problem, always whining and complaining....and oh yea, not ever winning those games.

Was there anything Legget did NOT complain about when it came to playing us? After a while he should realize it makes HIM look like the problem, always whining and complaining....and oh yea, not ever winning those games.

He never complained about the post-game ice cream.

Reactions: winloseortie
Legget took them to the cws 6 times, and they fired him. Now they have a coach who can’t get out of a home regional

I think it was 10-8...but nonetheless a beatdown. I completely forgot the 2002 WS. So that was 2 times (2010) we beat Clemson twice to advance.
Yes, the 4 most important games in the history of Clemson baseball were all losses to the Gamecocks in Omaha. A win in any of those games would have advanced them to the championship.

Senior dh Trey Dyson hits two home runs as the Yardcocks rallied from a three run deficit to defeat Clemson 12-4. The two teams will meet again for the right to advance to the title game.

Clemson coach Jack Leggett sugguested USC players crossed the line "I guess I'm not a big fan of tossing bats after home runs and hats after hat tricks ( USC freshman Matt Campbell struck out the side in the fifth inning). We will be ready to play Friday!"

God that was an incredible game. It felt so good to beat them twice. Our guys were just flipping the bats after homeruns just flaunting it. One of my best moments as a Gamecock

Been meaning to clean up this clip (maybe show intro to the games) but it's the best I got for now. The Steve Thomas bat toss was a thing of beauty. Got Clemson all riled up too.

Last edited:
Great video! Hard to believe how old some of that footage looks. Love the uniforms we wear in each of those games, especially the black pinstripes. Those were classic and I wish Under Armour would’ve continued to make them after we switched over to them.

Ronenblatt > TD Ameritrade Park

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT