ADVERTISEMENT

On Belk...(3:15 update)

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
3:15 p.m update -

With Belk retweeting a social media post with the reasoning behind his departure from the team, it seems to lend a bit more finality to this situation.

Once again, with nothing confirmed on our end, directly from Belk/USC/other sources saying it was 100% done, we were hesitant to say Belk leaving was a done deal. There were certainly indications we received that he looked to be on the way out. Yet as I reported earlier, he's appeared to be on the way out in the past and having some reservations about his future only to return.

It appears this time that it's going to stick based on Belk's actions.

Original update
Just to repeat a little bit here of what we've said, we're aware of the information behind the scenes pointing to Josh Belk leaving the team.

We checked on it earlier today and were led to believe that there may not be a definitive decision.

As I said in multiple threads earlier, Belk has had some similar reservations about his football future in the past and stayed with the program. I don't know if this situation will be different, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to move on just based on the trajectory of his career both at Clemson and USC.

I don't know when it will definitively become clear one way or the other but once it does, we'll pass along the word.

That's the best I can give you right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News