ADVERTISEMENT

On top of it bush league plays on defense at the end....

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
It was embarrassing to watch our defense on the last 3 snaps try to bull rush on a QB kneel.

I think others would’ve called it that way if someone else did it to us. We were lucky Mullen didn’t just run it in the end zone on the last play just to run it up.

I was not “proud” of that moment.

Yes! I was thinking about this driving a few minutes ago. Was mad enough about the game to care at the time. It was embarrassing and honestly probably made the end harder for them to handle. Thatbjust got the Florida fans even more pumped.

Hate blowing a chance to win in the Swamp. Not easy to do.

It was embarrassing to watch our defense on the last 3 snaps try to bull rush on a QB kneel.

I think others would’ve called it that way if someone else did it to us. We were lucky Mullen didn’t just run it in the end zone on the last play just to run it up.

Definitely was pure bulls*** on the part of our players. What would our staff say if the shoe were on the other foot?

Especially infuriating after watching our team fiddle farting around before the half with time on the clock and a mere 7 point lead. Then they act like tough guys hitting the line at full speed during a V formation. We came off like bush league, poorly coached busters out there.

...Hate blowing a chance to win in the Swamp. Not easy to do.
I'm sitting here reading those words and just can't get over the tragedy of letting this opportunity be squandered. I've been down there several times and never seen a win. The last time was a 17-16 loss. I'm glad I wasn't down there today. I could not forborne it with dignity.

Reactions: Carolina4
I'm sitting here reading those words and just can't get over the tragedy of letting this opportunity be squandered. I've been down there several times and never seen a win. The last time was a 17-16 loss. I'm glad I wasn't down there today. I could not forborne it with dignity.

Yep...this will be one of those games we remember for years and years. The pain won’t be as severe, but we’ll always have a sinking feeling when we look back on this one because we had it won. I haven’t taken a loss this bad since UT beat us on the North catch. I literally think about it every 15-20 minutes.

Reactions: king ward
Yep...this will be one of those games we remember for years and years. The pain won’t be as severe, but we’ll always have a sinking feeling when we look back on this one because we had it won. I haven’t taken a loss this bad since UT beat us on the North catch. I literally think about it every 15-20 minutes.
Stop it! Stop it!

Reactions: Carolina4

Worst lost of the year ! This freaking sucks and it all lies on them !!! Freaking shamecock coaches .. this pisses me off to a high level of pissivity

Well we are Gamecocks, this is what we do until we prove otherwise im giving him till 2021 before I pull my personal plug.All his own guys, no excuses.So until that time ill get my real grownman football watching experience viewing Bama and UGA

Much to do about nothing. So the guy was heated and pushed the center into the QB, so what? It's football not a game of chess. When your team has just blown a lead, you might want to hit some one too.

Much to do about nothing. So the guy was heated and pushed the center into the QB, so what? It's football not a game of chess. When your team has just blown a lead, you might want to hit some one too.

I’m fine with hitting someone. When someone is running out the clock NOT to run up the score on you at the end of the game the right thing to do is not try to take someone out. It wasn’t one play. It was 3.

Had someone got seriously hurt there would have been fists flying. Pretty lucky it didn’t come to that anyway.

Reactions: ansoncock

We’d be pissed if this was someone doing this to us. It’s bush league and especially vulnerable as they were kneeling instead of scoring a TD which they could’ve scored. The team is vulnerable as they aren’t looking to push our guys around, just snap the ball and let the clock run out. To go full speed against someone not expecting it is terribly bush league and another example of the bad sportsmanship this team displays week in and week out. I can handle some of it when winning, but where was this aggressiveness when their offense was running the ball down our throats? Pitiful.

Why is everyone mad? Our defense was trying to play to the final whistle. What was the problem? Why weren't they focused? It was a one possession game. They need to prove they could take the snap and a knee cleanly.

Reactions: Garnet chicken
The radio analysis at end of game applauded Mullen and Florida for taking a knee and not reacting to poor attitude of USC players at end. I didn't see it until later so wasn't sure what radio was talking about but obviously it didn't go unnoticed. Little too late to be showing emotion then basically is what they said. Sure they were frustrated but they had their chances!!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

You would have preferred Mullen just punching it in again instead of taking a knee?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Muschamp pulled out the player that did that. He didn’t like it either.

Why is everyone mad? Our defense was trying to play to the final whistle. What was the problem? Why weren't they focused? It was a one possession game. They need to prove they could take the snap and a knee cleanly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT