ADVERTISEMENT

One good thing Coach Muschamp did at South Carolina

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
About this time of year, Coach Muschamp would invite a group of the South Carolina football team up to his house for a cookout and to have some fun on or in the lake. Coach BMW Beamer should of carried on with that tradition and if possible also invite a few members of the men's and women's basketball team, a few from the baseball and softball team and men's and women's soccer team.

About this time of year, Coach Muschamp would invite a group of the South Carolina football team up to his house for a cookout and to have some fun on or in the lake. Coach BMW Beamer should of carried on with that tradition and if possible also invite a few members of the men's and women's basketball team, a few from the baseball and softball team and men's and women's soccer team.
He's living in one of those apartments down by the stadium while their house is being built. That would make the logistics of a blowout on the lake a bit challenging, eh?

One thing I will absolutely give Muschamp credit for, our players have been well-behaved, no trouble, good grades, etc. He recruited some good players but also some great people.

So establish a tradition where one coaching staff of one sport needs to be responsible for players from most all other sports for these events? And if a staff chooses to stop the tradition, they will get negative flack from the fanbase (of course)??

How will that sit with the NCAA? There are only so many "events" a college coaching staff can have for recruits and student-athletes per sport before it becomes a violation, and MBB staffs not named Bruce Pearl are allowed to do those things too....

Best thing he did besides leave is bring back script CAROLINA
BDea.gif

To me that's just more of what made him a bad coach. It would be fine if that was a way to celebrate success, but that was just part of a grand facade at USC's expense.

Reactions: redrogers
Mack Brown taught Muschamp to do that. Basically anything Muschamp did well in recruiting was probably a Mack Brown thing. I know this party was established players not recruits, but happy players make good hosts for recruits. Those get-togethers help identify the best hosts for recruits.

Reactions: rogue cock
So establish a tradition where one coaching staff of one sport needs to be responsible for players from most all other sports for these events? And if a staff chooses to stop the tradition, they will get negative flack from the fanbase (of course)??

How will that sit with the NCAA? There are only so many "events" a college coaching staff can have for recruits and student-athletes per sport before it becomes a violation, and MBB staffs not named Bruce Pearl are allowed to do those things too....
Recruits aren't at the party being discussed. Most of the limitations you speak of are directed at recruits. I don't know of any limit on scholarship players visiting their own coach's house.

My brother is building his pool. Maybe it will be big enough to host some players

My brother is building his pool. Maybe it will be big enough to host some players
All I am saying is I like the lake theme and another coach named Sablen does the same thing. I am not trying to put a negative reflection on Coach BMW Beamer.

I don't think I've ever disliked a USC coach as much as I disliked Muschamp.
That’s interesting because I would say, other than the losing, he did very little to piss people off. In fact, I think he knew he had no business heading another program but $$ talks, and just wanted to make it a few years, build a retirement fund, and try not to piss anyone off.

If you’re going to dislike someone regarding the Muschamp years, the name is Ray Tanner.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
That’s interesting because I would say, other than the losing, he did very little to piss people off. In fact, I think he knew he had no business heading another program but $$ talks, and just wanted to make it a few years, build a retirement fund, and try not to piss anyone off.
If you’re going to dislike someone regarding the Muschamp years, the name is Ray Tanner.

Well, that pissed me off so there's that.

Reactions: Elgringo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT