ADVERTISEMENT

One more game and good bye. Thank god.

We can beat Mizzou. Did they pitch Mr. Wristbreaker tonight? We have Crowe and Hill to start , Reagan and Johnson for short stints. With long starter outings, we can beat Mizzou and give LSU fits.
Yes, UK takes down LSU.

Reactions: 92Pony
Funny how some folks seem to want the team to lose.... I get the frustration, though. As mentioned before, I think he stays, in part due to the buy out factor. If USC has to fork over 500-800K for a buyout for him, plus the possibility of another 400K+ buyout for a big name coach (assuming we don't hire an unknown young guy on the rise) and then still have to put together a good salary for a new coach - I don't see the possibility of paying that much for a baseball coach. Wouldn't make business sense to the board etc.
I can see where some other changes on staff are made with the understanding that the program needs to be headed in a different direction next year or else kind of thing.

I said it earlier this week. Chad will remain as coach for next year. Jerry Myers also will remain.However, some head has to roll but out of respect for him as a person, Chad and Ray will encourage Espisito to look for work elsewhere rather than ourtight fire him. This will then bring in Jim Toman. Then we will see whats what next season. If all goes well, Chad will remain for a while, if not then we will hire someone new.

Reactions: IrmoRed
He is not going anywhere.
giphy.gif

Funny how some folks seem to want the team to lose.... I get the frustration, though. As mentioned before, I think he stays, in part due to the buy out factor. If USC has to fork over 500-800K for a buyout for him, plus the possibility of another 400K+ buyout for a big name coach (assuming we don't hire an unknown young guy on the rise) and then still have to put together a good salary for a new coach - I don't see the possibility of paying that much for a baseball coach. Wouldn't make business sense to the board etc.
I can see where some other changes on staff are made with the understanding that the program needs to be headed in a different direction next year or else kind of thing.

It's frustration to see this team go from number 4 to number 66 in 0 seconds

I said it earlier this week. Chad will remain as coach for next year. Jerry Myers also will remain.However, some head has to roll but out of respect for him as a person, Chad and Ray will encourage Espisito to look for work elsewhere rather than ourtight fire him. This will then bring in Jim Toman. Then we will see whats what next season. If all goes well, Chad will remain for a while, if not then we will hire someone new.

We need this team to make a run...

Yeah I think Ray will find Sammy a job with another program.

No juices flowing in June this year unless we win 2 more including today's game.
Even that may not be enough.

The 'some other changes on staff' thing just won't do. Who is going to come here (that's worth a damn) with the program in chaos, the HC in way over his head, and the fans in rebellion? Ain't gonna happen. Ray is learning the lesson that's often 'learned the hard way' by managers in the business world: be careful what you ask/politic for re: movement to upper management (AD). You may be biting off more than you can chew. Chad is choking, folks!

I don't care what kind of interviews he gives. I never listen to them that much anyway. I don't think Espsito leaving will change much. They will just move Stuart Lake into the position.

The 'some other changes on staff' thing just won't do. Who is going to come here (that's worth a damn) with the program in chaos, the HC in way over his head, and the fans in rebellion? Ain't gonna happen. Ray is learning the lesson that's often 'learned the hard way' by managers in the business world: be careful what you ask/politic for re: movement to upper management (AD). You may be biting off more than you can chew. Chad is choking, folks!
Who said that the program is in chaos? Justifiably upset fans does not mean the program is in chaos. HC losing the team means chaos, but such does not appear to be the case.

Reactions: wood90
Gee Wizz. Considering the injuries, we look pretty damned good right now. I wouldn't want to place us right now. No way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT