ADVERTISEMENT

One player per county. All time football team.

I’d love to be talented enough to create a map with the top guy from every county. Some sound tough while others seem unanimous.
I haven’t seen a McCormick, Hampton, Jasper county suggestion.

Tyler Hellams Ted and Tom Wingard Wayne Bell Lon Shingler joe Andeeson Greenwood County

Berkeley County....Clarence Williams, Bruce Ellington, Mike Dingle, Harold Green, Javon Kinlaw... If only one, impossible to pick.

Reactions: Lowcountry1
Best ever from Spartanburg County was/is Marcus Lattimore.....I was joking about Korn...he should've gone to Carolina and worked with Spurrier...but he had to go to Clemson to be with Dabo..how did that work out for Korn? Well he is an assistant coach at Coastal Carolina...
Yep you're right

Laurens County: JD Fuller, Ricky Foggie, Anthony Downs. Take your pick.
Don't forget about the late Roscoe Watkins! I watched him so many times at CHS - the most graceful nose guard ever! He was a good man too! Kevin Long was also from Clinton High School!

Reactions: king ward
King can you think of anyone out of Lancaster? I only know kids that went to small colleges from late 80’s thru 90’s. We had decent players but I can’t remember anyone that had success in D-1
See post #119, My Brother - Tracy McGriff. See if you agree. He was a hoss and a half.

George Webster -- Westside High
Probably the greatest defensive player ever to come out of this state.
The Hagoods were really good, as was Squeaky Watson. Caron Davis and Maurice Henderson were a couple of guys that I watched in person that were pretty dang good, as well as Shaun Ellis. I’m gonna look up Webster.

This is totally wrong. The best players ever from Berkeley County would either be Courtney Brown (1st overall pick in he NFL draft) or Joe Hamilton (1st runner up for the Heisman). Both went to Macedonia High School.
Your opinion, knew both, mother was a teacher at Macedonia, lived in the area, still think Bruce is a better athlete. No question though that Berkeley may be tops in the state.

Reactions: oakley51
Mike Fair, Greenville County.
Mike Fair is a friend of mine. He was a neighbor and we went to the same high school (Parker). He was the best athlete ever from Parker. Actually he caused me to become a Gamecock fan when he went to Carolina 2 years ahead of my graduation.
I hate to say that I was a Clemsux fan. Thank you Mike for ever.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Durant played at Hampton. Must’ve been grades because when they came to Midland Valley in a playoff game I swear he was the most dominant defender I ever saw in person .
Obviously his talent was evident to make it from Hampton.

Granted, I think I was like 11 at the time. But I have no earthly idea why I thought he went to Florida St

Reactions: Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT