ADVERTISEMENT

One player per county. All time football team.

I think he is the guy that pretty much single handedly beat the #1 12-0 Walterboro team in the 90 playoffs. If so, that guy was awesome.
That would be he. They came up one point shy in the state championship game. McGriff brought them down the field to score a late touchdown. Coach Roscoe decided to try to win it in regulation by going for two. The attempt failed and Lancaster hasn't sniffed at a championship since. The sad thing is that McGriff didn't the touch the ball on the conversion try.

All time football team needs a punter.
Chesterfield County had 2 in the same graduating class
Dale Hatcher and Harry Newsome

Saluda:

tumbleweed.gif

Reactions: Judson1
Some others from Spartanburg County who were great but won't get mentioned as the "all time":

Carnie Norris who backed up Herschel Walker at UGA from Spartan High
Randy Anderson I believe was a McDonalds All American Quarterback from Broome High
Jake Bentley as a freshman at Byrnes High

There were a lot of kids from Byrnes, Dorman, Spartanburg, who signed Div 1 Power 5 scholarships . It would be interesting to go back and look at all these kids and how they did at their respective schools. A bunch went out of state.

Barnwell= Richard Sherman (Sherman Tank) and Chris Hay (Haystack)
Blackville= Terry Brown (Best ever seen), Troy Brown

Aiken= Troy Williamson, William Perry (won dunk contest in Blackville's gym), Michael Dean Perry

Union= Roscoe Crosby

Reactions: oakley51

Aiken= Troy Williamson, William Perry (won dunk contest in Blackville's gym), Michael Dean Perry

Union= Roscoe Crosby

All good picks. But it was supposed to be one per county. That’s what makes it hard.

Reactions: king ward

Union= Roscoe Crosby

I remember Sherman well. That kid was a man amongst boys at the RB position. Wasn’t a half bad kicker, either.

Orangeburg:
Rusty Russell (USC)
Max Runager (USC)
Woodrow Dantzler (Clemson)
Mike Williams (Clemson)

ADVERTISEMENT