ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I can say about Beamer

Beamer had Steve Spurrier to play up to recruits. Spurrier is no longer here. Besides, Muschamp recruited well here. He just couldn't coach nor manage a staff. Can Beamer? Any evidence that he can?
Well he had players from just about every position go to the nfl so either he didn’t recruit as well as the rankings indicate (same with end of sos era) or just some players got coaching?

But he had a hall of fame head coach to help attract recruits also.
This is true and certainly part of the “unknown” with a guy like Beamer. I would also say though that for all the flack he seems to be catching with the “we would not be interested if his name were not Beamer” comments- that works both ways! The fact his name IS BEAMER gives him at least a little more clout with anyone who knows FB.. It is not Spurrier in 2005-2014 clout, but it is more than a guy like Chadwell has on a national stage. (Just a “for instance”, I am no knocking Chadwell, I’d be happy with him or Napier as well).

Well he had players from just about every position go to the nfl so either he didn’t recruit as well as the rankings indicate (same with end of sos era) or just some players got coaching?
Spurrier was a hell of a great coach at the USFL, Duke, Florida and SC. Not trying to run down Beamer. But the questions are in reference to as a team and staff. There is none.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This is true and certainly part of the “unknown” with a guy like Beamer. I would also say though that for all the flack he seems to be catching with the “we would not be interested if his name were not Beamer” comments- that works both ways! The fact his name IS BEAMER gives him at least a little more clout with anyone who knows FB.. It is not Spurrier in 2005-2014 clout, but it is more than a guy like Chadwell has on a national stage. (Just a “for instance”, I am no knocking Chadwell, I’d be happy with him or Napier as well).
If it's Beamer, and I'm predicting it will be, I'll support him like I did Muschamp even though I felt that would be a poor decision. Just hope the outcome is different this time .Like last time, I prefer someone with a track record of success as a Head Coach.

The allure of Spurrier was not his name. It was that he had a history of winning big. With Shane, recruits won't know for sure whether he is more like Frank or Cheryl. Let's not fool ourselves about that.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
If it's Beamer, and I'm predicting it will be, I'll support him like I did Muschamp even though I felt that would be a poor decision. Just hope the outcome is different this time .Like last time, I prefer someone with a track record of success as a Head Coach.
I don't think any of us have anything bad against Shane Beamer. I know I don't. I do believe that those of us who have posted anti-Beamer comments simply want someone who has proven that they can successfully handle the job of a Head Coach, someone who is proven. It's nothing personal against Shane. It's business.

The allure of Spurrier was not his name. It was that he had a history of winning big. With Shane, recruits won't know for sure whether he is more like Frank or Cheryl. Let's not fool ourselves about that.
Riiiggghhttt... He grew up playing for and coaching with and emulating the coaching style of HIS MOM. Ok..

Riiiggghhttt... He grew up playing for and coaching with and emulating the coaching style of HIS MOM. Ok..
I think you know what I'm trying to say. Just because his father is Frank does not mean he would come anywhere near the success of Frank. Skip Holtz, Derek Dooley, Tommy Bowden and Terry Bowden have had nowhere near the success of their fathers. You won't find them in the Hall of Fame with their Dads, except as visitors.

Reactions: Roger Moore
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT