ADVERTISEMENT

One thing that concerns me a little...

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
....is with Deebo back Jake will look for him too much. We are blessed at the skill positions with plenty of play makers to go around I hope Jake and the coaches will spread the wealth and not rely on Deebo every other down. Hey it happens, it happened with Pharoh and others at times. JMHO.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Deebo's injury sucked last year but it also forced some young receivers like the Smiths to grow up fast. Hopefully we'll be better off for it.

Reactions: TIGERDAD1252
Deebo's injury sucked last year but it also forced some young receivers like the Smiths to grow up fast. Hopefully we'll be better off for it.
Man I hope but ya still have to look for them if open. It's getting closer to practice time I'm getting a little jumpy...lol

I think having 3 other NFL-caliber WR's will make that a little easier

But I agree- Deebo is truly a threat to score every time he touches the ball, will be hard not to eye him. Have to think teams, knowing the above, will lock him down and free up on of the other guys- who are all more than capable of making big plays. Hope OrTre steps up this year

Reactions: coolcock2001
Man I hope but ya still have to look for them if open. It's getting closer to practice time I'm getting a little jumpy...lol
I don't care if Deebo gets every target or gets no targets (that ain't happening) as long as we find ways to win. We proved we could do it without Deebo last year.

I don't care if Deebo gets every target or gets no targets (that ain't happening) as long as we find ways to win. We proved we could do it without Deebo last year.
It's all about winning but you have a lot of good skill people who have to stay happy to perform at top level.

I will tell you one thing that bothers me A LOT and that is Jake getting injured. To go through two and a half seasons with no injury to the QB in the SEC is almost unheard of regardless of the team.

If the defense is in single man coverage without a Safety over the top, then throw Deebo the ball every time. A 50/50 ball thrown to Deebo is more like an 80/20 ball. If the defense cheats to his side of the field then Shi Smith and Bryan Edwards will make them pay. That's the beauty of having Deebo back on the field, he forces defenses into double coverage.

I think having 3 other NFL-caliber WR's will make that a little easier

But I agree- Deebo is truly a threat to score every time he touches the ball, will be hard not to eye him. Have to think teams, knowing the above, will lock him down and free up on of the other guys- who are all more than capable of making big plays. Hope OrTre steps up this year

I do too. I know he was a freshman last year but he didn’t seem to have the greatest hands. Lots of passes with defenders around him went uncaught. Edwards was much more Sidney Rice-like than OrTre.

I will tell you one thing that bothers me A LOT and that is Jake getting injured. To go through two and a half seasons with no injury to the QB in the SEC is almost unheard of regardless of the team.

Excuse me while I go puke

I'm hoping the best, but I don't have a peaceful feeling about Deebo's durability.

And again...

Reactions: NetworkX
....is with Deebo back Jake will look for him too much. We are blessed at the skill positions with plenty of play makers to go around I hope Jake and the coaches will spread the wealth and not rely on Deebo every other down. Hey it happens, it happened with Pharoh and others at times. JMHO.
one of my favorite Gamecock fans looking for something to worry about!! HUNH never allows a QB to pick into one guy!!!

one of my favorite Gamecock fans looking for something to worry about!! HUNH never allows a QB to pick into one guy!!!

clemson-butt-check.jpg

I'm gonna guess autocorrect changed what should have been lock onto........ :D:p

What scares me is we never give the backup any reps

Well that is why I said what I did about Jake. There is a big drop off between Jake and the backup. Unless they work hard to get another QB a lot of practice time between now and the start of the season. I mean, my gosh, if Jake goes down then we are hurting cowboys because we have no experience at QB behind Jake.

I'm not looking for something to worry about. It's just a legitimate concern (to me anyway) because we don't have any QB behind Jake that has any significant amount of playing time. Hopefully, we can get someone ready between now and the first game.

While I would hate to see Jake go down I wouldn't panic anymore than I did last year when Deebo got hurt. We have enough play makers that the game plan could re-suited for the next guy and we could keep on keeping on. I don't think we give Mike Scar enough credit he has been with the program for years and has always been the back up guy ahead of the others. He'd do just fine IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT