ADVERTISEMENT

Only a week and a half away from signing day...crickets are chirping

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
It seems with the early signing day that the Feb date is awfully anti climactic. i know we are only looking for around 4 or so and hope for the 2 big fish but with that said , it seems as though there is now very little talk about signing day this year. Kind of takes away from some of that excitement that brews this time of year.

It seems with the early signing day that the Feb date is awfully anti climactic. i know we are only looking for around 4 or so and hope for the 2 big fish but with that said , it seems as though there is now very little talk about signing day this year. Kind of takes away from some of that excitement that brews this time of year.

At least we know the numbers always work out

Reactions: Gradstudent

I like the early signing. We know those kids are here and won’t flip

It has definitely been quiet this year especially with signing day just about 2 weeks away. Seems like the coaches must feel confident in getting the big 2 on signing day as there doesn’t seem to be many uncommitted visits for this 2018 recruiting cycle. Hopefully we sign Sandidge, and Wonnum along with Thompson, assuming he can get in. After that I’d love to see us sign another big d-lineman, maybe Briggs

it has elimated one of the 4 football seasons to me. The early signing period falls during the end of the football season so now the "recruiting" season has kinda been elimated and we have to wait until spring practice season. i kinda liked the drama and buildup to who is going where and who is flipping who. i could see the february date going away as years go by because kids are afraid they might lose their spots if they dont sign in December so now we have 3 football seasons instead of 4. The actual season with the early signing date thrown in spring practice and then fall practice.

Early signing in December took the steam out of football signing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT