ADVERTISEMENT

Only see one more win on the schedule....

I wouldn't count UF as an automatic loss. Their offense stinks and their problems are deeper than play calling. They looked really average today.

I am willing to bet $1k we win 2 more games
I believe we'll win 3 more and earn a bowl. Bit I'm not as concerned this season with the w/l column as I am with simply seeing improvement.
Today, I didn't see any in any phase of the game. That was one of the most frustrating wins I've watched in a while.
Just glad we got the win. Could be have been a much worse day.

I believe we'll win 3 more and earn a bowl. Bit I'm not as concerned this season with the w/l column as I am with simply seeing improvement.
Today, I didn't see any in any phase of the game. That was one of the most frustrating wins I've watched in a while.
Just glad we got the win. Could be have been a much worse day.

hey bro.....down 13-0.....I saw a shyt load of improvement....but you are right.....need better play and calls early on.....when we had a good play call on....we missed...

Reactions: mavcock
hey bro.....down 13-0.....I saw a shyt load of improvement....but you are right.....need better play and calls early on.....when we had a good play call on....we missed...
Not...sure...if...serious...bro
You think we looked better than last week? If so where.

That's neat. I got us beating Arky, Vandy, Florida and Wofford at home. I think at A&M next week is 50/50. UGA and Clemson only games I don't see us winning.

Vandy was outgained by Bama by 600 yards today, Tenn struggled to beat a bad Umass team (much less competeive than LA Tech) and Florida blows as far as I'm concerned. Oh and Texas A&M blew a 30+ pt lead to a UCLA team that's looked awful ever since and are tied with Arkansas for the most dysfunctional team in the country.

Did we look bad last week? Yea you betcha. Did we suck for 3 quarters today? Absolutely. Is there literally any reason we can't win every remaining game we have outside of UGA and Clemson? Absolutely not.

This fanbase has gone off the deep end.

I am still looking at at least 6-6 (wins Arky, Vandy and Wofford). We will be favored in all and will win all at home. The sky didn't fall because we squeaked by an LT team.

Also, TN, FL, TAM all have weaknesses especially TN. I think we will pull a W (maybe 2) from these toss up games. In order of best chance for a W - Florida because it is at home, TN because they aren't that good but it is on the road. I don't think we get the W at College Station, but I wouldn't be surprised either. I can't read TAM, but it will take a lot of points, which I don't know if we can muster.

It pains me, but I must think that UGA and Clemson are losses at this point. Always hold out hope against Clemson because it is a rivalry and we are at home, but it will take an A+ effort in all aspects of the game to get the W. Still a lot of season to go before that game.

I am still expecting 7-5 and a fighting chance for 8-4. Bowl game win depends on the bowl and who we play, but practice is more important in bowl eligibility unless a team is in the playoffs.

ahhhhh, this thread. "We don't suck as bad as X number of teams on our schedule and might get these wins". No one is even really saying we're "better" than X team, it's that we aren't "as bad" as X team. We are not in a good place.

Reactions: NCGamcockFan2167
ahhhhh, this thread. "We don't suck as bad as X number of teams on our schedule and might get these wins". No one is even really saying we're "better" than X team, it's that we aren't "as bad" as X team. We are not in a good place.

When did you figure out we were not loaded and in "not a good place"?

There is a better chance that Clemson will be on probation in two years than us missing bowl eligibility,

Reactions: SwampFox99
We have to find some type of miracle pill, voodoo, or something to help us beat Clem. It's all that matters.

Cheer up guys. We're 3-1. Does this team have issues? Certainly. Injuries have not helped. Questionable offensive strategy and play calling have not helped.
But we have some good playmakers on this team and we're 3-1. Encouraged by how Ortre Smith, Bryan Edwards, and Tyson Williams played yesterday and how Jake played when it really counted. Encouraged by a team's make up and character to come back in the 4th quarter and at the end of the game to get the win.
We will get better. I believe that.

We have to find some type of miracle pill, voodoo, or something to help us beat Clem. It's all that matters.
Benjamins-32.jpg

Found it

That's neat. I got us beating Arky, Vandy, Florida and Wofford at home. I think at A&M next week is 50/50. UGA and Clemson only games I don't see us winning.

Vandy was outgained by Bama by 600 yards today, Tenn struggled to beat a bad Umass team (much less competeive than LA Tech) and Florida blows as far as I'm concerned. Oh and Texas A&M blew a 30+ pt lead to a UCLA team that's looked awful ever since and are tied with Arkansas for the most dysfunctional team in the country.

Did we look bad last week? Yea you betcha. Did we suck for 3 quarters today? Absolutely. Is there literally any reason we can't win every remaining game we have outside of UGA and Clemson? Absolutely not.

This fanbase has gone off the deep end.
I'm gonna hold you to this. I now expect to win all those games you listed and made sound so easy. My predictions were Wofford and Vandy and see what happens with Tennessee. You just raised my expectations. I wasn't expecting to win next week but now I do, injuries or not. Anything less than an outright win will be a failure, no moral victories.

4th quarter
Yeah, the 2 minute drill seems to be the only scheme we are productive in.

Actually, I was really encouraged with they way we ran the ball on the opening drive, until Roper got greedy in the redzone on 2nd down. I was screaming "RUN THE BALL- RUN THE BALL-RUN THE BALL!!!" But it's apparent Roper couldn't hear me since he abandoned the run game :)

Yeah, the 2 minute drill seems to be the only scheme we are productive in.

Actually, I was really encouraged with they way we ran the ball on the opening drive, until Roper got greedy in the redzone on 2nd down. I was screaming "RUN THE BALL- RUN THE BALL-RUN THE BALL!!!" But it's apparent Roper couldn't hear me since he abandoned the run game :)
I agree with you on the first drive and didn't like the bomb on the 3rd and 3 but thought we played good the whole 4th Q except for the La Tech FG drive.

Everything is still in play for us. If we play errorless football like we did against NC State and Mizzou, we can win. If we drop the ball and make poor decisions, we struggle mightly and probably lose. The thing is that these kids seem to be trying their heart out. And we are thin on depth. I see effort out there. I see kids playing hard. I think we overhyped Jake who is an above average college quarterback. I believe he has potential to be a great one. I am not sure how much of the O problems are Jake's decision making or the play calling. A lot of the plays Jake has reads and options of where to go with the ball. I think sometimes he rushes his decision. He slows down as the game goes on and has gotten better in the second half of each game. Anyway, when we play well, we are not an easy out for anyone. But we have to play well and stay healthy. We weren't loaded with talent to begin with. We have lost our best O player and maybe our best D player. Still we sit here 3-1 and everything is in play for us. Let's support these kids and save the carping until later in the season when we know what we have. My two cents...

Reactions: cocky4
I see 3 more wins but in no way will we beat the upstate team. They have a front 4 that will maul us and kill Jake. We could not block them last year and they are even better this year. Our task for winning has been hampered by major injuries to Deebo and BAW. It sucks losing a play,asker like Deebo and a top linebacker like BAW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT