ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State registered sex offender pitcher is unhittable

why don u do some investigative work on whats gone on b4...... postin' what is new to the web ignores a sordid history of the sports world
Huh. If you followed the 2018 draft you'd realize this is a relevant story. MLB teams dont want the press for having a sex offender (molested a six year old) on their roster and his career is probably over after college. The kid can pitch though. I'll give him that.

Reactions: Cybercock
He was not allowed to participate last year. I think it is shameful that he is pitching this year. I can't imagine how the parents of that child feel.

Reactions: sclawman77
No one on here knows any facts about the case. Why pass judgement on something you know nothing about. I’m pulling for the kid. I hope he gets a second chance. I know someone that did a year in prison for this when his 6 year old step daughter said he raped her. The only reason he got out is because the mother of the child caught her confessing to her friend that it was a lie. Not everyone is guilty. Their are the wrongly accused.

Reactions: viennacocks
Huh. If you followed the 2018 draft you'd realize this is a relevant story. MLB teams dont want the press for having a sex offender (molested a six year old) on their roster and his career is probably over after college. The kid can pitch though. I'll give him that.
MLB will take the risk. You are not very bright if you think otherwise.

No one on here knows any facts about the case. Why pass judgement on something you know nothing about. I’m pulling for the kid. I hope he gets a second chance. I know someone that did a year in prison for this when his 6 year old step daughter said he raped her. The only reason he got out is because the mother of the child caught her confessing to her friend that it was a lie. Not everyone is guilty. Their are the wrongly accused.

One seemingly relevant fact is that he pled guilty to the crime.

I don't understand people that feel the need to post about something like this. Just easier to pass judgement over the Internet rather than accepting that not everything is black and white.

You ever thought that he plead guilty in a plea deal that you know nothing about. He could have decided probation was better than prison. That happens. Plenty of people have plead guilty for crimes they did not commit so that they don’t risk a harsher sentence at trial. Sometimes you cut your losses.

Yeah, that's true.....but if you only knew how easy it is to get a plea deal, especially if you offer a significantly reduced sentence. It's like offering candy to a child. And don't say you wouldn't take one because I guarantee you would. Done it too many times.

If MLB won't take him, watch him go to Japan. They pay well and probably won't have the publicity problems there. he will have a baseball career with that arm.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
He was not allowed to participate last year. I think it is shameful that he is pitching this year. I can't imagine how the parents of that child feel.

I understand that he chose not to play, no one stopped him. So "not allowed" isn't really accurate.

I understand that he chose not to play, no one stopped him. So "not allowed" isn't really accurate.
Incorrect....Oregon State administration pulled him from the CWS last year when a journalist wrote an article about it in the local paper. Oregon State claimed they had no prior knowledge of the situation, but they pulled him from the CWS amid a public outcry.

I don't understand people that feel the need to post about something like this. Just easier to pass judgement over the Internet rather than accepting that not everything is black and white.
It's completely black and white. He molested a six year old child. He admitted it at the time, and he continued admitting it until he saw that it is going to cost him a career.

Incorrect....Oregon State administration pulled him from the CWS last year when a journalist wrote an article about it in the local paper. Oregon State claimed they had no prior knowledge of the situation, but they pulled him from the CWS amid a public outcry.
Yeah that was another reason I was surprised he's playing again this year. He never told the school. The press exposed it last season and he took a leave to stay out of the limelight. There's no NCAA rule that a convicted sex offender can't play (he's level one-least likely to repeat) but I would have thought OSU wouldnt have brought him back because he never disclosed it and they didn't want the negative press. Bottom line: they brought him back because he helps them win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

Everything I have read says he voluntarily withdrew, that Oregon State did not force that. He announced his withdrawal, not the team like would be the case if it were a disciplinary action.

"The Oregonian/OregonLive

Oregon State ace Luke Heimlich announced Thursday that he will not play in the College World Series but hopes to rejoin the Beavers baseball team next season -- a prospect that was endorsed by the university's president.

"I'm sad to say I am not joining them," Heimlich, 21, said in a statement issued through a family representative, "because doing so would only create further distraction for my teammates, more turmoil for my family, and given the high profile of the national championship, direct even more unwanted attention to an innocent young girl. I want to wish my teammates the best. I hope they understand this decision as my family and I continue to work through this together. My hope is to return to OSU next year as a student-athlete and continue to earn the trust of my community."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/luke_heimlich_not_traveling_to.html

Here is USAToday from the time:

"Oregon State pitcher Luke Heimlich, whose criminal history of pleading guilty to molesting a 6-year-old when he was a teenager was reported by The Oregonian on Thursday, won't pitch in the upcoming series his team has with Vanderbilt.

Heimlich released a statement Friday about his situation and closed by saying that he "respectfully requested to be excused from playing at this time.""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...excused-oregon-state-baseball-team/102687552/

I don't see anything about Oregon state taking any action against him. He requested to be excused.

It's completely black and white. He molested a six year old child. He admitted it at the time, and he continued admitting it until he saw that it is going to cost him a career.

No he never admitted to doing it. That’s where you are wrong. Did he plead guilty yes. That was because of the deal he was offered. The fact that the deal was so good, tells me there was not a lot of states evidence and it was his word against hers. In America if if it’s a sexual assault case and it’s hers against yours, even if you are completely innocent, you are screwed.

No he never admitted to doing it. That’s where you are wrong. Did he plead guilty yes. That was because of the deal he was offered. The fact that the deal was so good, tells me there was not a lot of states evidence and it was his word against hers. In America if if it’s a sexual assault case and it’s hers against yours, even if you are completely innocent, you are screwed.
Try to twist it however you want. A guilty plea is by definition an admission of guilt.

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
Try to twist it however you want. A guilty plea is by definition an admission of guilt.

You obviously know nothing about the justice system. I hate to tell you but if you were wrongfully accused of murder and the deal was we will take it down to manslaughter and probation vs life in prison. You would accept the deal plead guilty and move on. Most people would.

Reactions: ddw1263
You obviously know nothing about the justice system. I hate to tell you but if you were wrongfully accused of murder and the deal was we will take it down to manslaughter and probation vs life in prison. You would accept the deal plead guilty and move on. Most people would.
Again, you can try to twist however you want. It does not change the facts. By definition, he has admitted guilt.

Again, you can try to twist however you want. It does not change the facts. By definition, he has admitted guilt.

Whatever you say. At the end of the day it is the good lords job to judge this young man. Sins are forgivable if asked and all sins are equal. I will not judge him and hope he does have a MLB career because everyone makes mistakes.

Whatever you say. At the end of the day it is the good lords job to judge this young man. Sins are forgivable if asked and all sins are equal. I will not judge him and hope he does have a MLB career because everyone makes mistakes.
Ok, and I hope he gets the worst case of the yips ever seen and can never throw a strike again.

I get it about the plea deal, but there is very rarely a reason for a grown man to be alone with a small child. At the very least, this guy was not smart enough to avoid a suspicious situation. If he had an alibi that he was in another location there is no case.

He's plead was guilty.

Reactions: GooseCretian
Not all sins are equal where did you read that? Jesus told Pilot the Judas had the greater sin. John 19:11 " You have no power over me if it were not given to you from above.Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin".

So you're giving the convicted child molester the benefit of the doubt? What about the victim, who was a little girl?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT