ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State registered sex offender pitcher is unhittable

All the details? What other details was he forced at gun point to do this? He fessed up I'm all about forgiving but not about being naive.
Did I SAY that you were not in possession of all the details? What I'm saying is that ignorance of any of the salient details could give rise to error.

No I wouldn't and neither would many teams. Why do you think MLB haven't drafted him? He also never disclosed it to OSU. That's a big deal not to come clean. Also he may have been 15 but he knew what he was doing was wrong with a six year old. Shouldn't there be consequences for your actions? Like not be allowed to play college baseball. He didn't go to jail. If this was a situation where he was 18 and he had a consensual relationship with an underage 16 year old that would be one thing. But the girl was six.
My post was to Rod. He say win at all costs all the time.

All the details? What other details was he forced at gun point to do this? He fessed up I'm all about forgiving but not about being naive.

Forgiving would be allowing the young man to move on with his life. He served his punishment. He should be allowed to move on, pitch in college, the MLB and use the talent god gave him.

Forgiving would be allowing the young man to move on with his life. He served his punishment. He should be allowed to move on, pitch in college, the MLB and use the talent god gave him.
But that child may suffer for the rest of her life while he is out making millions and whistling Dixie. Exactly what punishment did he serve? Your total lack of regard for the true victim is appalling.

I don't believe in the rehabbing of any sex offender. I don't care how old they are. It just can't be done.
The stakes are way too high for a sex offender to be trusted alone with a child. It is just too traumatic for the child victim, and cannot be risked. It can affect that person's interactions throughout life.

That being said, we should not perpetuate their victimhood.

IThe latest Sports Illustraed has an in-depth article. It traces all the actions that have been taken to date. Read it and you will discover what all has transpired and you can make up your own mind on facts.

We don't have to forgive he didn't do anything to us. Moving on with his life has nothing to do with baseball I don't see MLB thinking along the forgetting lines much less the forgiving lines. The fans wouldn't be at all forgiving in the big leagues I'm not sure I would even want my son tolerating that abuse.

Did I SAY that you were not in possession of all the details? What I'm saying is that ignorance of any of the salient details could give rise to error.
And I'm saying according to the court records I have all the details I need it's not the court of public opinion it's a matter of record. For his sake I hope all this is behind him but MLB passed on him because they can't afford the press.

And I'm saying according to the court records I have all the details I need it's not the court of public opinion it's a matter of record. For his sake I hope all this is behind him but MLB passed on him because they can't afford the press.
It's comforting to know that we have one person commenting who is absolutely certain he knows every relevant detail.;)

Whatever you say. At the end of the day it is the good lords job to judge this young man. Sins are forgivable if asked and all sins are equal. I will not judge him and hope he does have a MLB career because everyone makes mistakes.
All sins are equal??!! smdh. What if that was your daughter?

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
So you think the guy likes to be alone with small children for what reason ?

I think all across the country grown men are responsible for small children in millions of scenarios. Mom has to work, mom has to go to the store, mom has a doctors appointment. Why are men so untrustworthy in your view? You view is bizarre and very harmful to children. Children need adult male role models in their lives.

For the ones who bring the Old Testament into it I'll say this, they would have stoned this person even at 15 yrs.

The Israelites didn't have jails, electronic monitoring devices or probation offices, so yes, the sentences back then were either a monetary fine for less serious offenses or death for the serious ones. There wasn't a lot else they could do. The Muslims went in for chopping off hands, but the Israelites never did. If it was a bad enough offense to get a hand chopped off, just kill them.

Sorry for your loss but the situation is completely different.

Apples to oranges? So you rank death lower than sexual assault give me a break. This started when you said what if it was my daughter. I would think I could move on with the guy that killed my son, it would be no different in this situation. If it were my daughter my beliefs would not be changed that was my point.

Apples to oranges? So you rank death lower than sexual assault give me a break.
You're not getting the point, this is a sick individual who chose to do this to a 6 year old girl. Yes, the drunk drivers chose to drink but they did not intentionally kill your son. And I do not think it's right to force your religion on anyone for your satisfaction. And by the way, I had my brother and father murdered and do you think that I'm not a good person because I have not yet forgiven the people responsible for it? Everybody's had bad things happen in their life pal and is not for you to say how it should be dealt with. This poor girl is going to have long lasting ramifications throughout the rest of her life as well as her family.

Last edited:
You're not getting the point, this is a sick individual who chose to do this to a 6 year old girl. Yes, the drunk drivers chose to drink but they did not intentionally kill your son. And I do not think it's right to force your religion on anyone for your satisfaction. And by the way, I had my brother and father murdered and do you think that I'm not a good person because I have not yet forgiven the people responsible for it? Everybody's had bad things happen in their life pal and is not for you to say how it should be dealt with. This poor girl is going to have long lasting around ramifications throughout the rest of her life as well as her family.

I’m not forcing my religion on anyone. You stated what if it was my daughter and all I was saying is my beliefs would not change. Nothing more nothing less.

I think if you look back I said, “If you were a Christian”. I understand people don’t carry the same beliefs and if that’s what they want that’s fine. I was just saying for the Christians on here, we are taught to forgive. I would be lying if I said I did not struggle with this for a while but in the end this is where I needed up. With that said since I have been through that, I don’t think If it were my daughter I would do anything different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowcountry1
Apples to oranges? So you rank death lower than sexual assault give me a break. This started when you said what if it was my daughter. I would think I could move on with the guy that killed my son, it would be no different in this situation. If it were my daughter my beliefs would not be changed that was my point.
Sexual assault is a living death...the rest of your life. Again you show no sympathy for the victim.

I'm a Christian. I believe in forgiveness. I have received forgiveness and so try to proffer it as well. I don't think it's valid to accuse Boom of forcing his religion on anyone, as one poster asserted. I don't think that was his purpose. I also think that there is a significant distinction between the drunk driver and sexual molestation scenarios put forth. The respective motivations behind the acts and lack of intention in the drunk-driver scenario dictate that distinction. That is all.

I think all across the country grown men are responsible for small children in millions of scenarios. Mom has to work, mom has to go to the store, mom has a doctors appointment. Why are men so untrustworthy in your view? You view is bizarre and very harmful to children. Children need adult male role models in their lives.
You never answered the question. Maybe I was a little too general, I totally agree that children need male role models.

You never answered the question. Maybe I was a little too general, I totally agree that children need male role models.

Your question implied that a male who is babysitting children does so because he "likes" it rather than the particular circumstances like the mom working, traveling or shopping. But even if a male does like it, what is wrong with an uncle liking playing dominoes or toy soldiers with a niece or nephew? That is completely natural and done millions of times in this country and every country. There is nothing weird about a male relative supervising a younger relative. 99.9999+% are quite normal and do a good job. The .0001% or less who do something bad like this Oregon State guy are a rarity. Men are as "safe" to supervise children as women are. Look at the grandmother caught in Tennessee today with her children in cages in her trunk. Does that make you want to keep all grandmothers from supervising grandchildren? 99.9999+% of grandmothers wouldn't do something terrible like that, just like 99.9999+% of uncles and male cousins won't either.

I said "the guy" not "a guy". I was referring to the pitcher. Now I get what we were disagreeing about. I actually am a men's rights advocate. I think we are pretty much on the same page.

I said "the guy" not "a guy". I was referring to the pitcher. Now I get what we were disagreeing about. I actually am a men's rights advocate. I think we are pretty much on the same page.

I don't think we are. You said: "there is very rarely a reason for a grown man to be alone with a small child. " that is totally incompatible with being a men''s right advocate. Grown men are no less trustworthy than grown women.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT