ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Amazon apology letter and request to delete review

OldWiseCock

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia
I have heard this is how Amazon controls its product review ratings, but I have never received one before. (been an Amazon customer for over 10 years)

They emailed a link and requested that I delete my review. In return, they offered me a $20 Amazon gift card. I am not going to do it. First, it will distort the actual quality of the product, and second, they could take the $20 and use it to improve their product.

Anyone else received one of these? Did you take the gift card and change your review?

Reactions: Scuba_do
What was the product in question? Was it Amazon-branded?

I order from Amazon a ton but don't leave many reviews.

Reactions: rogue cock
I've left just a couple of negative reviews, but have never heard back directly from Amazon.
Can't recall if it was a Amazon product.

That almost sounds scam-ish..... Was the link a legit link to Amazon?

i've had those offers, always sold on amazon by a third party. would be very interesting if that is a sold and shipped by amazon product.

Reactions: lakemurraycock1
I saw a Linus video a few weeks ago saying something about Amazon cracking down on reviews or products,can’t remember which though.Might be both.I would have to go back and try to find it.

I have heard this is how Amazon controls its product review ratings, but I have never received one before. (been an Amazon customer for over 10 years)

They emailed a link and requested that I delete my review. In return, they offered me a $20 Amazon gift card. I am not going to do it. First, it will distort the actual quality of the product, and second, they could take the $20 and use it to improve their product.

Anyone else received one of these? Did you take the gift card and change your review?
Are you sure it wasn't the seller (assuming Amazon marketplace merchant)? Sounds like they are plainly bribing you to take down a negative review.

Are you sure it wasn't the seller (assuming Amazon marketplace merchant)? Sounds like they are plainly bribing you to take down a negative review.
It might be a scam, although the link looks legit. The email it was sent from is a gmail.com address.

This is an email from Amazon Customer Service.

I am Amazon Customer Service.

Thank you very much for your purchase and take the time to write a review. We sincerely accept your comments, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, because the product you purchased does not meet your requirements.

Now, I have a request, I hope you can help us delete your comments and accept our compensation.

We know that your negative review is what we deserve, so it is indeed unreasonable to ask you to delete it. But please understand that we are only a small business, and negative comments are indeed painful. Because it will not only affect its corresponding products, but also other products sold in the store. We all have the support of our family.

i've had those offers, always sold on amazon by a third party. would be very interesting if that is a sold and shipped by amazon product.
I think it is a third-party seller, because the email address it is from is a gmail.com address. But I'm concerned enough about scams that I am not going to click on the link to see what product it refers to.

Reactions: 92Pony

never turn down more money.

It might be a scam, although the link looks legit. The email it was sent from is a gmail.com address.

Thank you very much for your purchase and take the time to write a review. We sincerely accept your comments, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, because the product you purchased does not meet your requirements.

Now, I have a request, I hope you can help us delete your comments and accept our compensation.

We know that your negative review is what we deserve, so it is indeed unreasonable to ask you to delete it. But please understand that we are only a small business, and negative comments are indeed painful. Because it will not only affect its corresponding products, but also other products sold in the store. We all have the support of our family.
The grammar is suspect, I highly doubt that came from an actual Amazon rep, not to mention they described themselves as "as small business." I wouldn't respond.

Also... gmail.com is probably the number 1 email domain used by scammers -- anyone can create an account there, as many times as they like.

I absolutely got one and it was not a scam...let me tell you what happened.

I had a 10-year-old or so HP printer I was buying aftermarket ink cartridges for it. Some Chinese brand I'm sure, it starts with a k and they had worked well about three times. Last time I had put one in pretty recently and my printer starts giving me an error that the printer head is ....malfunctioning somehow I forget what it said exactly. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts but as I did I pulled the cartridges out and then magenta one was leaking all over the place. Pretty obvious what happened here. I don't need a printer much at home so I was kind of pissed I needed to buy another one at this point. I mean the printer head for it was 60 bucks so why would I do that instead of just buying another printer right?

So I left a truthful and forth-right review, put another printer in my cart while I thought about it and went on with my life.

So yes I got an email offering me a $20 gift certificate or gift card for Amazon to amend or delete the review.

I emailed them back the $20 wasn't going to cut it. I would consider doing it for 40. They sent me a code for a $40 gift card. So I bought my remanufactured printer for $54.99 and basically got it for $15. That's what another set of ink cartridges would have cost me.

I see this a little differently than you. Yes they sold me a defective product but they also stood behind it, and paid for their mistake. I removed the bad review with no problem.

Reactions: bayrooster

I had a 10-year-old or so HP printer I was buying aftermarket ink cartridges for it. Some Chinese brand I'm sure, it starts with a k and they had worked well about three times. Last time I had put one in pretty recently and my printer starts giving me an error that the printer head is ....malfunctioning somehow I forget what it said exactly. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts but as I did I pulled the cartridges out and then magenta one was leaking all over the place. Pretty obvious what happened here. I don't need a printer much at home so I was kind of pissed I needed to buy another one at this point. I mean the printer head for it was 60 bucks so why would I do that instead of just buying another printer right?

So I left a truthful and forth-right review, put another printer in my cart while I thought about it and went on with my life.

So yes I got an email offering me a $20 gift certificate or gift card for Amazon to amend or delete the review.

I emailed them back the $20 wasn't going to cut it. I would consider doing it for 40. They sent me a code for a $40 gift card. So I bought my remanufactured printer for $54.99 and basically got it for $15. That's what another set of ink cartridges would have cost me.

I see this a little differently than you. Yes they sold me a defective product but they also stood behind it, and paid for their mistake. I removed the bad review with no problem.
Amazon should be sanctioning merchants who are reported doing that -- I guess they don't care how they engage their customers. Also I generally avoid entering into correspondence with shady characters (including distant relatives on Facebook!). Not that this character was shady, just not the most honest way to improve your reputation, in my humble opinion.

The grammar is suspect, I highly doubt that came from an actual Amazon rep, not to mention they described themselves as "as small business." I wouldn't respond.

Also... gmail.com is probably the number 1 email domain used by scammers -- anyone can create an account there, as many times as they like.
Noticed the same. Has to be a scam attempt.

Amazon should be sanctioning merchants who are reported doing that -- I guess they don't care how they engage their customers. Also I generally avoid entering into correspondence with shady characters (including distant relatives on Facebook!). Not that this character was shady, just not the most honest way to improve your reputation, in my humble opinion.
I totally get what you're saying. I guess my point is anyone selling a product can have a bad apple or a dud. Providing a service can have a bad day or just a misunderstanding. Giving them the opportunity to stand behind it and make it right is how I see business being done honestly. I think the whole reviewing of things be it on Amazon or Google is sometimes abused by consumers who have expectations beyond what they should be.

Pretty much like Yelp. They call us every month trying to sell a “business services package”. In addition to raising your listing toward the top, magically bad reviews will be pushed to the bottom.

Reactions: myrtlecock
I've heard of people giving "bad" Yelp reviews trying to get a free meal out of it.
Don’t know about that, but their are “reputation” companies out there that target a medium sized company, slam it with bad reviews and then later sell you a service that improves your ratings. Know how? They delete the reviews because they wrote them in the first placed. My old company sued one of these outfits and won.

I totally get what you're saying. I guess my point is anyone selling a product can have a bad apple or a dud. Providing a service can have a bad day or just a misunderstanding. Giving them the opportunity to stand behind it and make it right is how I see business being done honestly. I think the whole reviewing of things be it on Amazon or Google is sometimes abused by consumers who have expectations beyond what they should be.
Yeah, I hate it when people give bad reviews to products that arrived in damaged packaging or took too long to arrive. That's on the shipper.

Unreal! I just got one from Amazon today on a cordless pet shear I returned two months ago. I’ll paste the email below. I will not revise my review.

Thanks for your support first, but I am sorry that AIBORS Dog Clippers your concern in this regard. Please accept our sincere apologies for your unpleasant shopping experience

In view of the quality problems this time, we have reflected on all aspects and negotiated with the processors one by one, we assure you better service and products next time. Could you please give us a chance to address your concerns?

We are just a small business doing online stores. We need a good reputation to support our store. Please don’t worry about after-sales service. You can always contact us to solve any problems. If you do not mind, could you kindly help us update your comments after the issue has been resolved ,and we can issue you refund $36 for the trouble.

Don’t know about that, but their are “reputation” companies out there that target a medium sized company, slam it with bad reviews and then later sell you a service that improves your ratings. Know how? They delete the reviews because they wrote them in the first placed. My old company sued one of these outfits and won.
Angie's list was doing that. I think that's why you don't see their TV ads anymore... they got caught.

Reactions: BigWillieCock
Unreal! I just got one from Amazon today on a cordless pet shear I returned two months ago. I’ll paste the email below. I will not revise my review.

Thanks for your support first, but I am sorry that AIBORS Dog Clippers your concern in this regard. Please accept our sincere apologies for your unpleasant shopping experience

In view of the quality problems this time, we have reflected on all aspects and negotiated with the processors one by one, we assure you better service and products next time. Could you please give us a chance to address your concerns?

We are just a small business doing online stores. We need a good reputation to support our store. Please don’t worry about after-sales service. You can always contact us to solve any problems. If you do not mind, could you kindly help us update your comments after the issue has been resolved ,and we can issue you refund $36 for the trouble.
You got one from a vendor on Amazon. Not Amazon. Amazon is cracking down on false reviews so vendors are trying this tactic to get rid of bad reviews.

You got one from a vendor on Amazon. Not Amazon. Amazon is cracking down on false reviews so vendors are trying this tactic to get rid of bad reviews.
Sometimes the false reviews are pretty easy to spot, but its good to hear that they're cracking down.

Oh ok gotcha! The way it was written should’ve been obvious it was a vendor but I just rejected it’s request and moved on not paying attention to who sent it. Thanks for the insight. The funny thing is I already got refunded when I returned it so I couldn’t understand why they offered to refund again if I changed my review? They probably wouldn’t even if I did which I won’t.

Reactions: lakemurraycock1

In general, it's usually a good idea to communicate with the seller/manufacturer regarding issues before posting bad reviews, i.e., give them a chance to fix the issue.

This is a scam. Any organization sending mass emails has had them reviewed to ensure there are no typos- certainly none in the first SENTENCE. This is some idiot from India trying to get your information. Also, Amazon would not use a gmail email address. Alphabet and Amazon are direct competitors on numerous cloud and internet services. No way in Hell Amazon is using Gmail.

I've had Amazon itself remove one of mine. It was a review of a "Samsung" SD micro card. It was obviously a fake sold through them. I said so in my review and they removed it.

They also removed one I left about cuisinart cookware. Description said made in the USA but it was made in China.

I wouldn't do it for any amount of money that would make it worth their while to contact me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT