ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any Cobra Kai Netflix Series Fans here.

I like the concept....acting is TVish. It didn't hold my interest.

In mid season 3. Kind of funny no one from either movie has/was really doing anything else since Homelander whacked Shue.

Ali was still hot with her horse teeth but the plot is getting weak

Fan here, but the fight scenes are cheesy
They are, but that's part of the genius of the show. It makes fun of itself and the 80's. The fight scenes are made like the cheesy fight scenes in the Karate Kid movies and 80's in general. That bugged me at first too, but once you understand how the show is making fun of itself, it makes you appreciate it even more.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback. I appreciate your perspectives.

My wife and I love the show. We have binged watched all 3 Seasons. Looking forward to Season 4

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
I’m in the middle of season 3, and our whole family loves it. If you don’t like cheese, then don’t watch. In that case, you should’ve never watched The Karate Kid or many of the 80s movies that came out anyway...

Reactions: Cock-Vader
giphy.gif

As realistic as it gets...lol

I’m at episode 6 in S3 and if your not paying attention there is a time jump of atleast 2 months.I like for them to say 2 months later or something like that.I like the series so far.

Fan here, but the fight scenes are cheesy

I agree. But we’ve enjoyed it. Nostalgia I guess. Midway through the third season andpurposely watching 1-2 episodes at a time to keep from burning through it.

We watch it. I think we’re half way through season 2. I wish they would get rid of Kriese. I think 90% of the storylines exist based on misunderstandings. That simple ness is annoying but the show is entertaining.
Daniels wife is smoking hot.

we are also watching Bosch. My wife likes it. Inap through it half the time. Feels like a typical cop show. Nothing extra, kinda retread cop show. The character Bosch seems to wanna be a little bit CSI Miami David Caruso badass but is too dull to pull it off.
Did i mention Daniels wife is hot?

Me and the wife love it. Just started Season 3. As far as the campiness I think it’s intentional. That’s the cool part. The show doesn’t take itself too seriously. The school fight scene to end Season 2 was hilariously Matrix-like and over the top

So, is Daniel son the real bully?
Daniel-san. さん (san) is a sign of familiar respect in Japanese. It means everything from Mr or Mrs to someone else's child. It is not as familiar as ちゃん (chan). どもう ありがとうございます。 (Thank you very much)

So, is Daniel son the real bully?
If you ask me ,he is the same as he was in the movies,makes the wrong decisions all the time and makes things worse.I’m just glad he has got his walk straightened out as in not walking on his toes like in the movies.lol.

We watch it. I think we’re half way through season 2. I wish they would get rid of Kriese. I think 90% of the storylines exist based on misunderstandings. That simple ness is annoying but the show is entertaining.
Daniels wife is smoking hot.

we are also watching Bosch. My wife likes it. Inap through it half the time. Feels like a typical cop show. Nothing extra, kinda retread cop show. The character Bosch seems to wanna be a little bit CSI Miami David Caruso badass but is too dull to pull it off.
Did i mention Daniels wife is hot?
I am a Bosch fan too.

I watched season 3 this weekend. I’ve found this series to be entertaining and nostalgic. I loved seeing the return of some characters from the movies (I won’t spoil anything) as well as revisiting some locales from the movies.
Clearly, this show is written with a wink at the audience, as it pokes fun at the tropes of 80s martial arts/teen movies.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I've been watching it with the wife. We just started season 3. It's pretty silly, really.

Was excited when I first heard about this series. But, geez, I think the first episode had more language than all 3 Karate Kid movies combined.

Just finished Season 3 last night. There are some terrible fighters in these groups. They beat a guy for 10 minutes and can’t take him out only to get knocked out themselves with three hits. Some real glass jaws and weak punching power.

I watched season 3 this weekend. I’ve found this series to be entertaining and nostalgic. I loved seeing the return of some characters from the movies (I won’t spoil anything) as well as revisiting some locales from the movies.
Clearly, this show is written with a wink at the audience, as it pokes fun at the tropes of 80s martial arts/teen movies.
I think that was my favorite part.

Just finished Season 3 last night. There are some terrible fighters in these groups. They beat a guy for 10 minutes and can’t take him out only to get knocked out themselves with three hits. Some real glass jaws and weak punching power.
Choreographed fight scenes are ridiculous in this show. One guy fights two guys while 3 other guys stand back waiting their chance to get beaten up by single guy. No, what would happen, even to a black belt, is 4 or 6 guys would throw the one guy a boot party.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT