ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any good TV series (On Demand) worth watching since the Gamecocks aren't playing very good football?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I can't handle that Game of Thrones! I watched one episode and it was just two gory, sadistic, inhuman, cruel, barbaric, fiendish, etc. for me. Not criticizing anyone that enjoys the series but I'm too big of a wuss to watch that show. We were over at a friends house and they were watching a repeat of an episode and it showed some guy taking a melted pot of gold and pouring it over this guys head. I don't know what he had done but no one deserves to die that way, not even Ted Bundy. The poor guy was screaming in agony. That is the only episode my wife and I ever watched of the series.

I've heard The Walking Dead is a good series but I don't know how gory it is either. For some reason I always thought it was a show about zombies and ghost. I can handle that type show. But my wife and I can't handle anything more gory than the Sopranos. The Sopranos is the limit for us.

Now series I really like are shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, starring Larry David. I love those type shows. Plus, we like a lot of Hallmark type movies and series, like When Calls the Heart.

Plus, with winter and the flu season plus Covid-19 we will be staying in a lot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
It was a short series, but I enjoyed the Alienist. I thought Dakota Fanning did a job of acting. A detective series set in the 1800's.

I can't handle that Game of Thrones! I watched one episode and it was just two gory, sadistic, inhuman, cruel, barbaric, fiendish, etc. for me. Not criticizing anyone that enjoys the series but I'm too big of a wuss to watch that show. We were over at a friends house and they were watching a repeat of an episode and it showed some guy taking a melted pot of gold and pouring it over this guys head. I don't know what he had done but no one deserves to die that way, not even Ted Bundy. The poor guy was screaming in agony. That is the only episode my wife and I ever watched of the series.

I've heard The Walking Dead is a good series but I don't know how gory it is either. For some reason I always thought it was a show about zombies and ghost. I can handle that type show. But my wife and I can't handle anything more gory than the Sopranos. The Sopranos is the limit for us.

Now series that I really like are shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, staring Larry David. I love those type shows. Plus, we like a lot of Hallmark type movies and series, like When Calls the Heart.

Thanks in Advance.
There's another thread floating around that address TV shows that others have recommended.

Now series I really like are shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, starring Larry David. I love those type shows. Plus, we like a lot of Hallmark type movies and series, like When Calls the Heart.

Thanks in Advance.
Freddie, I know that our season hasn’t been great so far, but I’m gonna watch college football as much as I can right now. There are only 8 more games left, and then it’s over until next year. All those Netflix streaming shows will be there after football season 😊

Thanks in Advance.
Freddie I am shocked 😳.......certainly it helps if they play well, but they still be r roosters.......watch the kids!

Thanks in Advance.
Live PD

Reactions: cockofdawn

Thanks in Advance.
Me either on GOF. Deadwood is awesome. If you liked Tombstone, you will love Deadwood!

Freddie I am shocked 😳.......certainly it helps if they play well, but they still be r roosters.......watch the kids!

I will be watching but it won't be as much fun. You are right, they are still our roosters and I have been a Gamecock fan since circa 1960. But, I use to live and die with every play but now I just accept whatever.

Reactions: uscedge21
Longmire on Netflix. Modern day small-town sheriff in Wyoming. Lots of twists and turns as the series progresses.
I stayed a few days in a small town in Wyoming and honestly I'm not exactly sure just what in the hell a Sheriff would have to do out there outside of DUI, Domestics and a few fights. Most of the town closed down at 7. Really weird lol

Reactions: TarCock29
24 with Jack Bauer. Older but great.
Lost in Space....Robinson family remake on Netflix.
The Good Doctor

Sherlock on Netflix.

Modern day version starring Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr Strange) as Sherlock and Martin Freeman (The Hobbit) as Watson. Series is a BBC production and was depicted from Dr Watson's perspective, as Arthur Conan Doyle wrote the stories. Freeman and Cumberbatch had remarkable screen chemistry and many of their character interactions are hilarious.

Thanks in Advance.
Hey Freddie, Since you're into the Hallmark stuff, did you see the one where the woman and her husband split up because he was cheating on her and she goes through this really tough time till she meets this really good looking, perfect man and they get married at the end and everything is great?
Just messing with you Freddie. My wife watches Hallmark movies and occasionally I sit through part of one and I joke with her that they all have that same storyline. Except once in a while there's domestic abuse or someone's child gets abducted.

On a serious note; based on recommendations from that other thread, I've been watching the original Dallas on IMDB. Sure it's basically a nighttime version of a soap opera, but I just can't wait to see what JR is going to do next.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Hey Freddie, Since you're into the Hallmark stuff, did you see the one where the woman and her husband split up because he was cheating on her and she goes through this really tough time till she meets this really good looking, perfect man and they get married at the end and everything is great?
Just messing with you Freddie. My wife watches Hallmark movies and occasionally I sit through part of one and I joke with her that they all have that same storyline. Except once in a while there's domestic abuse or someone's child gets abducted.

On a serious note; based on recommendations from that other thread, I've been watching the original Dallas on IMDB. Sure it's basically a nighttime version of a soap opera, but I just can't wait to see what JR is going to do next.

We really love the Hallmark Christmas movies because we are like kids at Christmas. But, you are right about the Hallmark movies in general. Hallmark takes one basic storyline and simply inserts different actors and makes a ton of movies with the one basic storyline. LOL!

Reactions: importcock
ADVERTISEMENT