ADVERTISEMENT

OT Any old school Atlanta Falcons fans ?

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
The playoff game between ATL and Dallas back in 1978. There was a cowboy at the start of the telecast. Who was on a horse and said there are no miracles in Dallas. I cant find it anywhere. From that day forward I'm hated the Cowboys. Yes this is very random and completely OT. Yes the Cowboys won

Reactions: ClemDent
Just a little before my time. I’ll look into it. If I find something out I’ll let you know.

Was this it? Someone tweeted something similar a while back about that game.

The playoff game between ATL and Dallas back in 1978. There was a cowboy at the start of the telecast. Who was on a horse and said there are no miracles in Dallas. I cant find it anywhere. From that day forward I'm hated the Cowboys. Yes this is very random and completely OT. Yes the Cowboys won

I remember the game well. I was on a ski trip (December 30th) and finally found a TV showing the game in hotel lobby. Danny White brought the Cowboys back.

Reactions: jeff2001
I was a huge Falcon Fan back in the day. I lived in Aiken, and would leave at 09:00 on Sunday and get to Fulton County Stadium just in time to see the home games. Unfortunately, being a Falcon fan was much like being a Gamecock fan - lots of hopes and dreams and very few realities. And Bartkowski was the man back when he played. Good memories, good times.

Is that the game where Falcons' LB Robert Pennywell knocked Roger Staubach out of the game, then Danny White came in and lead Dallas to a win?

Never will forget a newspaper headline leading up to a playoff game: “Pole Bowl: It’s Bartkowski vs. Jaworski in the Gameski of the Yearski”. Can you imagine that headline today?? 😀😀
Times sure have changed, sure miss the old days when people didn't get their panties and drawers in a wad. We need a reset.

Is that the game where Falcons' LB Robert Pennywell knocked Roger Staubach out of the game, then Danny White came in and lead Dallas to a win?
Yep. When Staubach went out, we all thought that would be the game. Then in comes this guy named White. Who knew?

I remember watching a game when Jawarski raises his hands to try and quiet the crowd before a play . He was playing an away game. That didn’t go over to well. The crowd went crazy.

Yep. When Staubach went out, we all thought that would be the game. Then in comes this guy named White. Who knew?
I remember. Think he was the punter. That's the worse feeling after a loss I've ever had....and that's saying something for someone who also roots for the Braves and Dawgs.

The 1980 playoff loss to the Cowboys was worse. Blew a 10 point lead with 5 or 6 minutes to go. Back then I was a bigger Braves/Falcons fan than Gamecock fan. The Braves were on the radio every night and the Falcons were on TV every Sunday. Hated the Cowboys and the Dodgers back then.

I was a huge Falcon Fan back in the day. I lived in Aiken, and would leave at 09:00 on Sunday and get to Fulton County Stadium just in time to see the home games. Unfortunately, being a Falcon fan was much like being a Gamecock fan - lots of hopes and dreams and very few realities. And Bartkowski was the man back when he played. Good memories, good times.
I lived in Gloverville till about 82 or so and was a huge falcon fan, i had a falcon jacket when i was in elementary school,my favorite still.I was heartbroken when William Andrews when down with his knee injury.

I lived in Gloverville till about 82 or so and was a huge falcon fan, i had a falcon jacket when i was in elementary school,my favorite still.I was heartbroken when William Andrews when down with his knee injury.

We are obviously close in age, and if that jacket was red nylon button up the front with a big round falcons patch on the chest-I had it and wore it until it fell apart. Still love the Falcons and Braves as much or more than my Gamecocks. The Super Bowl loss is more painful than anything the Gamecocks have put me through. Add to these allegiances the fact that I was a die hard Greg Norman fan, I have to believe that my reward will be heaven. I don’t live and die with it like I used to though. When my kids started playing HS ball I decided I only had so much emotional energy to go around. The hope, I guess, is what keeps us coming back.

We are obviously close in age, and if that jacket was red nylon button up the front with a big round falcons patch on the chest-I had it and wore it until it fell apart. Still love the Falcons and Braves as much or more than my Gamecocks. The Super Bowl loss is more painful than anything the Gamecocks have put me through. Add to these allegiances the fact that I was a die hard Greg Norman fan, I have to believe that my reward will be heaven. I don’t live and die with it like I used to though. When my kids started playing HS ball I decided I only had so much emotional energy to go around. The hope, I guess, is what keeps us coming back.
i cant really remember, but it was button up and want to say the sleeves was different color from the rest of the jacket.If you went to Gloverville, i had Mr.Simon as a teacher and Mrs rush was the principle.

Grew up on the Norm Van Brocklin show watching highlights of Tommy Nobis and Claude Humphrey.

John Zook, baby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT