ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody got any good new music recommendations? Love the Greta Van Fleet referral several months

This is not new, but I just discovered this band two days ago. Do not know if they were a big hit back in the day. The name of band is The Incredible Strings Band. Reminds me of Brain Jonestown Massacre.

I just got back from a week at Steve Earle's Camp Copperhead songwriting camp in the Catskills. One of the guest artists was a dude named Anders Osborne. One of the coolest most joyful human beings I've ever met and a total badass. Born and raised in Sweden but he's been in New Orleans for years so he has an interesting musical and personal vibe. Occasionally plays with North Mississipi All-stars as North Mississipi Osborne. He's been covered by Brad Paisley, Tab Benoit, Jonny Lang, Edwin McCain, Sam Bush, Trombone Shorty and Aaron Neville and Kim Carnes. He can rock and play acoustic.

Reactions: Scooter2001
Never have gone in to Ander's real deep, but I have listened to him here and there over the years Puny. He is an exceptional talent.

Reactions: punydevil
@cockn'fyr We surprised our 16 yo daughter with Greta Van Fleet/Metallica tickets. She's over the moon. GVF is her fav band. So that's the order she sees this in. They are gaining notoriety even if they get no radio play.

Band name has been slightly altered from the monicker of early 70’s…you pot heads, streakers & vets will recall😁

Rose City Band is by far my favorite new band. Real Grateful Dead inspired. A lot of their songs have a country flair to them as well. The singer, Riley Johnson, plays all the instruments except drums, and their newest album he added a Pedal Steel player.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
AWESOME!!

And just to say such, from a strictly image perspective, the guitarist kinda reminds me of Prince! Just sayin', but the guy is got the "it" no doubt when it comes to making/letting that strat sing!!
There is another vid of the same song with Trey Anastasio sitting in that is excellent, but I liked the sound quality of this one better.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Turnpike Trubadors and recently discovered John Prine.
Glad you found Prine. I found him at Clemson in 1982. Saw him live twice: once when Jason Isbell opened and Bill Murray sat in front of me (he and Prine were old friends from Chicago) and on his last tour. He was a boss til the end. F**cking COVID. Here's one of the best interviews with an American hero you'll ever read. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...he-mark-twain-of-american-songwriting-115459/

Another one of my all time favorite bands that I have not seen mentioned here. The singer is the nephew of the singer from Iron Maiden. Phenomenal band....

Havent seen this band mentioned here. This is Matthew Ryan (a friend of mine and amazing songwriter that no one has ever heard of) with Hammock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT