ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone else tired of seeing the Tom Selleck reverse mortgage ads?

Watch him closely... serious breathing issues. Probably needed oxygen after that. Paying the price for them fine cigars now.

He's in Fred Thompson territory now. Seriously, my wife would probably sign over everything we own to Selleck, even now, if he flashed those dimples. I watched Blue Bloods long enough for it to get really repetitive. I still will watch old Magnum episodes whenever I catch them on. I liked him in those Jesse Stone TV movies as well.

I don't think there is a woman alive who would ever admit to getting tired of seeing Tom Selleck...in anything :)

With that bing said, we don't have cable TV anymore so we don't see ads

Yes I am tired of the reverse mortgage adds which actually attempt to sell a product to a target market. I much prefer all the mixed race commercials. Like the motaur motorcycle insurance commercials that have a half black man/half motorcycle who all the white people want to be just like but who cower in fear of him when he is rude to them. I rewind them and watch them over and over again. I bought motorcycle insurance and I don't even have a motorcycle those commercials are so good.

I don't think there is a woman alive who would ever admit to getting tired of seeing Tom Selleck...in anything :)

With that bing said, we don't have cable TV anymore so we don't see ads
I'll admit it - not a huge fan, although I did like him in Friends. My mom however is a huge fan.

He made a movie, "Folks"?, about life with his aged parents...senile father...that I thought was really funny.
Who can forget "3 Men and a Baby?"
1D274906121168-today-three-men-twins-140616-02.jpg

"Reverse loan is not some scheme to take your home. It's a loan, like any other loan"

"difference is, how you pay the loan back...."

*you pay it back by them taking your home....*

iu

"This isn't my first rodeo"

"I've been around long enough to know what's what"

I think the reverse mortgage has its place. People of limited circumstances might lack sufficient retirement income to live as they would like or need to. Using the home's equity to bridge the gap becomes an option. You aren't going to need the house anyway once you are gone. Like all decisions, it needs to be an informed one. No, I do not hold a reverse mortgage and don't intend to, but I don't think it's a sin to consider it.

Doesn't touch my disdain for Liberty Mutual.

Liberty, liberty, liberty! Sheesh

There's no way that insurance commercial is more annoying than the "safe drivers save 40%" commercials where they just keep saying that over and over. I want to put a bat through the TV after the 8th or 9th time I hear that phrase in a 15 second commercial.

I remember the miniseries years ago in which Duvall played Ike. I'll be on the lookout for the one you mentioned.
You can rent it on IMDB. I liked it so much that I bought the DVD some years ago and my wife likes it as well. We try to watch it every June 6. He delivers a very touching and inspiring speech before the King and Queen where he describes the meaning of the invasion for the average American soldier.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT