ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Anyone watch “Better Call Saul” ?

You're not the only one. I love it. It certainly hasn't garnered the respect, Buzz, or viewership that Breaking Bad did and that's a shame.
Shaping up to be a great last three episodes. What's going to happen to Kim?

This last episode has really picked up and I can't wait to see what Kim and Jimmy do for Hewel to get him off the hook. Really looking forward to the last few episodes this season. The biggest downside is the long downtime between seasons!

I watch it. I was a fan of Breaking Bad and I actually like this one better - or at least it's better than the last couple of seasons of BB.

If it's less popular than Breaking Bad, it's probably for two reasons: 1) there's not as much action in Better Call Saul, so it may not appeal as much to those with short attention spans (a growing segment of our society), and 2) the aforementioned long delay between seasons. It's easy to lose interest in a series when the off-season is 4-times longer than the actual season.

I’m glad to know others watch this show. It’s one of my favorite hours on tv. My only gripe is we don’t get to see more episodes of it. Such a great story!

Reactions: myrtlecock
Big fan. The Salamancas are bad dudes.

And what the heck is the German fixing to tunnel under?

I watch it and love it!!

I was late to the party on Breaking Bad. I actually started watching Better Call Saul before watching BB. After the first season of BCS, I binged BB - Best. Freaking. Show. Ever!!

BCS is running a close second. I love the writing, attention to detail and depth of the characters and story(ies). I already don't want BCS to end (just like I thought about BB as I was blazing through it on Netflix).

Last edited:
Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
I watched all of "Breaking Bad" and got introduced to "Saul" that way and watched every episode when it came out.

Then the guy who plays Saul got a bad case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and went off the deep end. Actors should stay out of politics IMHO. Really turned me off and I have not watched it for a couple of years. I stumbled across it again in the last month and I have been watching again. It is just too a good a production and story line to deprive myself but with the long lay off, I do not know if I have the time to connect all the storylines and get back in.

I fear that it may be milked out too long and hurt the overall production. Thankfully, "Breaking Bad" knew when to stop when it was on top.

"Saul" is worth watching though for no other reason than "Mike." There are sure a lot of interesting characters. The creators are very, very talented.

I watched all of "Breaking Bad" and got introduced to "Saul" that way and watched every episode when it came out.

Then the guy who plays Saul got a bad case of "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and went off the deep end. Actors should stay out of politics IMHO. Really turned me off and I have not watched it for a couple of years. I stumbled across it again in the last month and I have been watching again. It is just too a good a production and story line to deprive myself but with the long lay off, I do not know if I have the time to connect all the storylines and get back in.

I fear that it may be milked out too long and hurt the overall production. Thankfully, "Breaking Bad" knew when to stop when it was on top.

"Saul" is worth watching though for no other reason than "Mike." There are sure a lot of interesting characters. The creators are very, very talented.
Agree about actors staying out of politics - I wish they would too.

"Mike Ehrmantraut" - I just like saying "Ehrmantraut". But yeah, really cool character and good actor.

Reactions: tl from little hell
I watch but getting tired of all the bad people.
Same here. I actually quit watching it for two reasons: too much over the top violence and it just moves too slow. I liked Jimmy in the beginning but I can’t stand him now. I quit watching it after two episodes of the new season.

Sure. My apologies again. People ask questions, I answer them. I do it all day long.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. That was really not a spoiler. Most everyone watching this show watched Breaking Bad previously and already knows the answer.

In fact the guy that did not watch Breaking Bad is really behind on enjoying the show because he needs to. There's no way knowing what they're building like everyone else does is a spoiler and will mess up his enjoyment of this show.

"Mike Ehrmantraut" - I just like saying "Ehrmantraut". But yeah, really cool character and good actor.

So you guys don't watch good shows because the actors disagree with your politics?

Your 'right' and the actors' 'right' - Ain't America great?

Big Fan here. I am not going to look at this thread any more because I am a little behind on this season. I am ready for him to become Saul though.

Yes, as a major Breaking Bad fan I feel disappointed that Jimmy has yet to become the much more entertaining Saul of BBad. We continue to wait....and wait.....

At this point Mike is more interesting than Jimmy.

This show is excellent! and BB was amazing!

Me and my wife were discussing the other day whether people who have not seen BB found this show as awesome as we do. Werent sure that answer. We're left hanging on every episode wanting more.

I think if you saw BB first, then you wouldn't find this show slow because lots of small details have so much meaning if you saw BB first.

I'm just sad that knowing this show prequaled BB, that the writers can only go so far before the storylines collide.

Of course, that begs the question, is it possible for them to merge the shows and actually bring Cranston back and show over lap timelines of additional events and scenes that never were a part of BB but took place in the same timeline? Maybe there's a whole other cartel or high level bad guy thing going on in parallel to the chicken man. I also think about Zaxbys when I see the chicken man. Maybe those georgia boys are up to something else besides breading fingers! LOL

We binged BB after the show had already concluded. Never found another show like it until BCS. I like old Jimmy though, trying to Hustle but trying to be a good guy too. But then I like Saul too.

Since were talking about shows, anyone else here a fan of Psych? It came on USA from 2006-2014 I think. We loved it then, and after being off a few years were going back and watching again and catching more subtle references. Very blue sky fun murder detective comedy show. Dramedy I think its called. SO FUNNY if you grew up in the 80s. It got moved a couple years ago from Netflix to Amazon Prime.

Me and my wife were discussing the other day whether people who have not seen BB found this show as awesome as we do. Werent sure that answer. We're left hanging on every episode wanting more.

I think if you saw BB first, then you wouldn't find this show slow because lots of small details have so much meaning if you saw BB first.

I'm just sad that knowing this show prequaled BB, that the writers can only go so far before the storylines collide.

Of course, that begs the question, is it possible for them to merge the shows and actually bring Cranston back and show over lap timelines of additional events and scenes that never were a part of BB but took place in the same timeline?
Maybe there's a whole other cartel or high level bad guy thing going on in parallel to the chicken man. I also think about Zaxbys when I see the chicken man. Maybe those georgia boys are up to something else besides breading fingers! LOL

We binged BB after the show had already concluded. Never found another show like it until BCS. I like old Jimmy though, trying to Hustle but trying to be a good guy too. But then I like Saul too.

Since were talking about shows, anyone else here a fan of Psych? It came on USA from 2006-2014 I think. We loved it then, and after being off a few years were going back and watching again and catching more subtle references. Very blue sky fun murder detective comedy show. Dramedy I think its called. SO FUNNY if you grew up in the 80s. It got moved a couple years ago from Netflix to Amazon Prime.

***WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILER IN POST BELOW***

I was geeking out at the beginning of last weeks episode when they started the show with the scene where Saul was about to bolt into obscurity when things got too hot. At first I thought they had just replayed the BB footage of the scene, but I think I read an interview that said they actually reshot it.

As far as Bryan Cranston; I want to say that I saw something about him not wanting to act as Walt again. I hope I'm mistaken about that. Would love to see them bring him into BCS. Would love to see the writers weave that in!!

Never watched Breaking Bad and I'm not sure I would have liked Better call Saul as much if I had. Particularly the way Mike Ehrmantrout's character is developed. When you see him as a parking garage attendant, albeit a good character, then he "interviews" as security for a drug deal with two other guys, and one of them asks him what he's packing and he says "pimento, it's a cheese, they call it the caviar of the South". I never saw what ensued coming and it made the scene much more enjoyable. That one scene sealed the deal for me; been a fan ever since.

Sure. My apologies again. People ask questions, I answer them. I do it all day long.

Not an issue for me, and I'm one of those who hasn't seen Breaking Bad. Besides, my short term memory is about as bad as my long term memory.

Finally, I don't mind knowing things in advance - except for how I'll meet my own impending doom. I've tended to stay away from palm readers and fortune tellers for that very reason.

I love BCS and enjoyed BB. My problem is I stay perpetually one season behind, since I watch it on Netflix.

Quite a show. I've been a fan since BB, one of my all time favorites. Moves a little slow at times but the build up is worth it when the action cranks up. Mike. Those hooded eyes make his character. Thankful to be able to DVr and then skip the many minutes of comericals.

I watch it but as a poster mentions above it is moving very slow. I don’t think that’s intentional. Rather, the show runners are trying to squeeze out more seasons or trying to save money. Neither bodes well for the rest of the series.

I watch it but as a poster mentions above it is moving very slow. I don’t think that’s intentional. Rather, the show runners are trying to squeeze out more seasons or trying to save money. Neither bodes well for the rest of the series.
If you are familiar with the writers, they are good at slow playing a story. THere's just a lot less action than Breaking Bad, which slowed terribly in Season 3 and 4. The story they are telling though has a good slow burn, and they skipped 6 months this last episode to speed things up a little. Most of the slow moments are used effectively to push home a specific point.

Reactions: 92Pony
I love it. It's been a slower developing show that BrBa. But I suppose there's a point where it will meet up to BrBa so I guess they have to spend a lot of time developing. They could cover all that ground in three seasons, but then it would be over. I really liked the Chuck character. That's a great actor and he played the part to a tee. Jimmy's a really selfish and ruthless person much like Walter. One thing these crime dramas show us is that, realistically, it's not very glamorous to be a career criminal. Jimmy's no better than Freng or Walter White.

I know it's supposed to be about Jimmy, but Mike's the star.

Of course, that begs the question, is it possible for them to merge the shows and actually bring Cranston back and show over lap timelines of additional events and scenes that never were a part of BB but took place in the same timeline? Maybe there's a whole other cartel or high level bad guy thing going on in parallel to the chicken man. I also think about Zaxbys when I see the chicken man. Maybe those georgia boys are up to something else besides breading fingers! LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if WW showed up at the very end of the Jimmy/Saul story to tie them together.

I love it. It's been a slower developing show that BrBa. But I suppose there's a point where it will meet up to BrBa so I guess they have to spend a lot of time developing. They could cover all that ground in three seasons, but then it would be over. I really liked the Chuck character. That's a great actor and he played the part to a tee. Jimmy's a really selfish and ruthless person much like Walter. One thing these crime dramas show us is that, realistically, it's not very glamorous to be a career criminal. Jimmy's no better than Freng or Walter White.

I know it's supposed to be about Jimmy, but Mike's the star.
I also think Kim is an unsung hero on this show. She is clearly Jimmy's voice of reason and conscience. Maybe it's because we know what becomes of Jimmy, but my wife and I often ask each other what will become of Kim? She's the innocent one in this, after all.

That would be hard because we see WW meeting Saul in BB. Maybe WW could meet Kim.
Why would that be hard? The whole point would be to tie the two shows together. It's not out of the question that we see Jimmy's transitioning into Saul culminating with that. One could make the argument that his getting into bed with WW was the beginning of the end of a lifetime living on the edge.

Reactions: wentzel25
Why would that be hard? The whole point would be to tie the two shows together. It's not out of the question that we see Jimmy's transitioning into Saul culminating with that. One could make the argument that his getting into bed with WW was the beginning of the end of a lifetime living on the edge.

How could WW interact with Jimmy/Saul in BCS when we know from BB that he meets Saul for the first time later. You see the scene in BB where they first meet.

ADVERTISEMENT