ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Anyone watch “Better Call Saul” ?

How could WW interact with Jimmy/Saul in BCS when we know from BB that he meets Saul for the first time later. You see the scene in BB where they first meet.
The whole point would be to have the shows overlap to underscore Jimmy's fall from grace, so to speak. Obviously it would come after we learn Kim's fate, which is one of the driving storylines of BCS, IMO.

Honestly, I'm also anxious to see what becomes of Jimmy/Saul in Omaha. There's a reason they begin and end every season of BCS with the black and white footage in the flash forwards.

I appreciate this thread very much. I binge watched BB the last 3 months and I think that show is the best drama I've ever seen as an adult. I questioned BCS, but I will start that series soon.

Reactions: 92Pony
I appreciate this thread very much. I binge watched BB the last 3 months and I think that show is the best drama I've ever seen as an adult. I questioned BCS, but I will start that series soon.
Do it! Do it! Do it!

BCS is a bit slow to get going - especially the first season or two. But knowing the background (or would it be foreground?) of BB makes it a really cool watch! I've been tempted to go back and binge all of BCS, even though I've seen it first-run from the beginning.

Many like BCS even better than BB. In BB eventually everyone is a bad guy. WW brings even his family down. No one really has good qualities. In BCS there are several people who are unabashed "good guys". Even Saul himself, then called Jimmy, is trying really hard to be good. Circumstances just make it difficult and he goes too much with his big talk/com man nature when in a box. Of course it all helps that you have seen BB and know what will eventually happen, but have no idea how they will get there.

I also think Kim is an unsung hero on this show. She is clearly Jimmy's voice of reason and conscience. Maybe it's because we know what becomes of Jimmy, but my wife and I often ask each other what will become of Kim? She's the innocent one in this, after all.
Yeah, I wonder all the time at what point she'll get fed up with his crap and leave him.

My guess is she's killed off, & that is the final breaking point turning Jimmy McGill into Saul Goodman.

I originally thought that, but they killed the brother, so I think they will have a different ending for Kim. probably going back to her hometown.

Maybe we saw a little fed-up-ness from her in this last episode regarding Huell's case.
Yeah, I wonder all the time at what point she'll get fed up with his crap and leave him.

I think he will put her in an ethically untenable position. She has high ethical standards. It will be something where she resigns her law license and goes home. No inside info, but it makes sense.

Reactions: TheReelEss
My guess is she's killed off, & that is the final breaking point turning Jimmy McGill into Saul Goodman.
I considered that as well because she's just not mentioned in Br Ba, and neither is Chuck, who as we all know is assuming room temp.

Was last episode the first time he has used the name Saul Goodman? His business cards had that on it. I can't remember him using it before (short term memory ain't the greatest).

Was last episode the first time he has used the name Saul Goodman? His business cards had that on it. I can't remember him using it before (short term memory ain't the greatest).
I don't recall seeing him use it before the last episode. I would smile inside a little whenever, previous, he would say " 'Saul good", knowing what was coming. ;-)

Many like BCS even better than BB. In BB eventually everyone is a bad guy. WW brings even his family down. No one really has good qualities. In BCS there are several people who are unabashed "good guys". Even Saul himself, then called Jimmy, is trying really hard to be good. Circumstances just make it difficult and he goes too much with his big talk/com man nature when in a box. Of course it all helps that you have seen BB and know what will eventually happen, but have no idea how they will get there.
Maybe not legally, but I always thought of Mike as a good guy. Uses his skill to take care of his grand daughter because his son was killed for being a good guy. You gotta respect him for being willing to do what it takes and still maintaining something of a code of honor.

Maybe not legally, but I always thought of Mike as a good guy. Uses his skill to take care of his grand daughter because his son was killed for being a good guy. You gotta respect him for being willing to do what it takes and still maintaining something of a code of honor.

While he has his own code of ethics, Mike did murder guys in BB. They were all "in the business" so knew the risks, but his body count is pretty high, starting with the two cops that betrayed his son.

While he has his own code of ethics, Mike did murder guys in BB. They were all "in the business" so knew the risks, but his body count is pretty high, starting with the two cops that betrayed his son.
Well, for the most part, I think the people he killed deserved it. He was definitely the closest thing BB had to a good guy in my book. Well, between him and Jesse, who I felt got way worse than he deserved when WW pulled him into the deep end.

Reactions: wentzel25
Well, for the most part, I think the people he killed deserved it. He was definitely the closest thing BB had to a good guy in my book. Well, between him and Jesse, who I felt got way worse than he deserved when WW pulled him into the deep end.

Jesse murdered Gale in cold blood. Gale hadn't hurt anyone.

I liked Mike in BB, not because of any ethics, but because he was the only character that was consistently competent. I thought Mike deserved a better death than dying at the hands of WW.

Reactions: 92Pony
Jesse murdered Gale in cold blood. Gale hadn't hurt anyone.
He did it to save someone he knew would die if he didn't pull that trigger. I never said he was flawless, but he wasn't a horrible person. In that situation he could have legally be exonerated for the crime because of the duress he was under with a literal gun to his friend's head. Remember, Walter is "the one who knocks."

EDIT Maybe "friend" is too strong a word, but you get the point.

Last edited:
I never liked Jesse, even before he killed Gale. When you get down to it, there were very few "good" people depicted in BB. Even Marie was a kleptomaniac.

That is exactly why my wife likes BCS better than BB. There are several people, Kim and others who are good people. Characters you can unreservedly cheer for. Plus Jimmy is trying so hard to be good, maybe to please Kim, but circumstances keep interfering. We know he goes over to the dark side, the anticipation of why is what is interesting.

He did it to save someone he knew would die if he didn't pull that trigger. I never said he was flawless, but he wasn't a horrible person. In that situation he could have legally be exonerated for the crime because of the duress he was under with a literal gun to his friend's head. Remember, Walter is "the one who knocks."

EDIT Maybe "friend" is too strong a word, but you get the point.

Uh, no. You don't get to kill someone with that excuse.

What I’m wondering is this ...
What is going to happen to Kim?

I would have said she gets killed, but they killed the brother so probably won't do that. I think Jimmy gets her to do riskier and riskier stuff until she loses her law license on a deal. So moves back to Nebraska. Thus when Saul gets in trouble, the Cinnabon stuff is him moving to be near her.

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
Knowing Gus all the Germans will get it because they'd talk if just one were killed. Then that sets the stage for the lab in BB to be an even creepier and evil place. Maybe we find out they were dead men from the start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT