ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Are there any beer joints left in the Carolinas or Georgia? Do y'all know of any? I would...

If the bouncer asks you if you have a knife or a gun on you, and if you say no, and he loans you one, it’s a beer joint. If you say yes, and he asks to borrow it for a few minutes, it’s a honky tonk.

If the bouncer asks you if you have a knife or a gun on you, and if you say no, and he loans you one, it’s a beer joint. If you say yes, and he asks to borrow it for a few minutes, it’s a honky tonk.
In a honkey tonk people dance before the drunken brawl. In a beer joint they just sit and drink or play pool before the drunken brawl. It's like dinner and a show. You're just drinking dinner.

Reactions: titaniumspur
So, this got me thinking... The current ban on places staying open past 11:00 is only for bars and restaurants. If a “beer joint” is technically just an old country store/convenience store... It would not count, right? May be a place for these to make a short term resurgence during covid protocols.

So, this got me thinking... The current ban on places staying open past 11:00 is only for bars and restaurants. If a “beer joint” is technically just an old country store/convenience store... It would not count, right? May be a place for these to make a short term resurgence during covid protocols.

This post made me think of someone walking into a beer joint wearing a mask. There'd probably be an ass whoopin of some kind. 😄

Pinky Masters in downtown Savannah. Old beer joint has huge PBR sign outside. Fun place, all cash ,no credit or debit cards!! ATM available inside. I passed by one Saturday with my wife and daughter on some shopping foray they had me on. On the way back I suggested we check it out. They reluctantly agreed, well daughter anyway, wife was good. Her and I have been in quite a few dives in our younger years. We went in, 5 hours later and quite a few of the big 2 dollar PBRs later we made out. We had a blast!! All the locals were playing music on juke box and the hole place was signing the songs. All doors were open to outside and tourist walking by kept sticking there heads in trying to figure out what all the noise was about. I would definitely pay another visit to this establishment. Check it out!!

Reactions: shockwave210
And Lance crackers and chips.
/QUOTE]
Sounds like Harold's Country Club but they sell liquor and beer. BTW: They just reopened last week since the COVID closed everything down. Unfortunately, all their prices have gone up but still more reasonable than most places. I'm not going in there after driving by last Friday evening to see it packed with no social distancing or masks. Yemassee, with a population of just under 1,200 has already had 69 COVID deaths.

Was your Uncle's name Ray? I remember "The Roadside Tavern" and "The Sportsmen's Tavern" back in the day. Ray ran the Roadside Tavern, which later became "The Cotton Bottom II".

Speaking of beer joint food, don' t forget the jars of pickled eggs, sausages, and pig's feet!
No it was an uncle by marriage, he just recently passed away. His name was Troy High...It was a small beer joint across Wade Hampton Blvd from Dick Brooks Honda (of course Dick Brooks Honda was not there in the 80's to 2000) there in Greer. After he and my aunt divorced, his new wife helped in the beer joint. Her name was Martha (red head).

The Sports Center in Augusta GA..
CASH ONLY... its $2.75 for an ice cold fishbowl of Miller Light or PBR

16242601_H_G-WN5QZLqIjUaVLOZcj5RcTsyIHReEYR8MRAs3Hss.jpg

rfl_26927.jpg

P8rzUsirJxLoyi8wVXl_P-EQEYPXUYei0iL9Nrp1ndata6sn7gTybMwPHd8vAqtMJT-_5Pgc7bnCh_VdY8g9YqUC_T5_f9f0XT_ayjO3ajHsx617yFycEziFatS6goJJ5r0ff5hj7gVFZorqh02mueilN8QknfWzI0VfdM9BLFu6s9YJ

nice.jpg

Reactions: JohnnySurfin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT