ADVERTISEMENT

OT are things supposed to be easier now with computers

Make a long story short, my Dad passed away on January 21 . I never said anything about it on here. But it's been 6 months and my mother, my sister and I still havent gonna his name taking off of the power bill, the checking account, his old truck . We have to go to probate and we have to do this and we have to do that. You need to fill out this and send it to that. Why cant they just click a few buttons on the computer and take his name off everything? Isnt the internet supposed to make things easier on you? We got 10 copies of his death certificate and we thought that would be plenty. We have 1 left. I think things were easier back when everything was in a file cabinet. Anybody else have this kind of problem? And to top it all off Duke Energy wants $250 to take his name off the account. I dont think so. Sorry for the rant.
It’s takes about a yr to clear everything out, unless there are estate issues.
Don’t worry about the small stuff, just continue to pay on accounts that bear his name.

Reactions: jeff2001
Sorry to hear that Jeff. My condolences to you and your family. I agree 1000% the process of taking care of all these things is a giant pain, especially considering the added stress of losing a loved one. I lost my Dad 3 years ago and had to go through the same hoop jumping. It took over a year to go through the probate process. It seems all the layers of red tape have been put in place to serve everyone except the family.
A lot of this depends on the county you live in. Gvl county is extremely well run…….needlessly to say she’s a fellow grad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT