ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ben Hogan

I saw a biography the Golf Channel did on Arnold Palmer a while back and he basically stated that Hogan was a complete jerk.
He was a complete Jerk - to Palmer. It was uncalled for. That Hogan wasn't warm and fuzzy on the golf course has never been in doubt. He was driven and operating from behind his whole life - with a chip on his shoulder. Snead talks about it in this program. It is said that he mellowed in later years, though.

I enjoyed Part One and will certainly be watching Part Two.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Eldrick was pretty much and ass & jerk for the first 20 years of his career.

Being Driven in your profession and not caring about those you compete with & or the perception of others is not unheard of, very few people can pull it off with the flair and charm of Spurrier......

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Eldrick was pretty much and ass & jerk for the first 20 years of his career.

Being Driven in your profession and not caring about those you compete with & or the perception of others is not unheard of, very few people can pull it off with the flair and charm of Spurrier......
I do notice how he cuts up with and is encouraging to many unknown guys on tour. Since he hit rock bottom he can probably relate better with the guys that aren't sniffing wins and are just trying to keep their tour cards.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
ADVERTISEMENT