ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Berry College Eagle Camera

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
Two Eggs. First egg hatched 1/21/23. Second egg was laid 9 days after the first so, looking for another, near-end-of-month, hatching.

berry.edu/eaglecam

Dad must be a 1st time father... and a great provider. At 6:50 tonight, there were at least 3 or 3 1/2 squirrels in the nest (see Cam 2). At original post time this AM there were 1 1/2 squirrels & 1/2 a fish.

Got a Super MOM, as well, Watched for about an hour. Saw Mom TEACH the eaglet to eat. Was simply amazing, her methods and patience. Baby #1 is a full grown piggy already!!! However, what was maybe more impressive, was watching Mom get back on top of the egg & eaglet. Took about 3 full minutes of rolling, and tossing, and turning, and squatting here and squatting there, to get it just right. By the way ... I think Mom prefers seafood to steak.

I'll also be following an eagle cam from Duke Farms in NJ in early March.

I understand this stuff isn't interesting to a lot of Gamecocks. Give it a view or 3. Might catch your interest. Ya Know, .... birds of a feather.

Last edited:
Dad must be a 1st time father... and a great provider. At 6:50 tonight, there were at least 3 or 3 1/2 squirrels in the nest (see Cam 2). At original post time this AM there were 1 1/2 squirrels & 1/2 a fish.

Got a Super MOM, as well, Watched for about an hour. Saw Mom TEACH the eaglet to eat. Was simply amazing, her methods and patience. Baby #1 is a full grown piggy already!!! However, what was maybe more impressive, was watching Mom get back on top of the egg & eaglet. Took about 3 full minutes of rolling, and tossing, and turning, and squatting here and squatting there, to get it just right. By the way ... I think Mom prefers seafood to steak.

I'll also be following an eagle cam from Duke Farms in NJ in early March.

I understand this stuff isn't interesting to a lot of Gamecocks. Give it a view or 3. Might catch your interest. Ya Know, .... birds of a feather.

UPDATE: The sole surviving eaglet fledged Friday afternoon. I was excited to see the new eagle back at the nest, Saturday morning but unfortunately, a heavy rain all day, kept the eagle in the nest or nearby branches all day. With a bright and sunny Sunday, the eagle was gone again.

I didn't expect to see the eagle again as most seldom return after experiencing flight. However around 9:30 AM, Monday morning, I found the bird back in the nest. I believe that it may have just experienced its first kill since it was eating like a mad man, just ripping at its prey rapidly. Mom was nowhere in sight, since Friday so, the new eagle may not have eaten since then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT