ADVERTISEMENT

OT- best “kids movies” that you will admit you liked as an adult

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
These animated movies are being made to entertain the kids and the parents today. There have been some really good ones- funny, well written, with great actors voicing animated characters…

For me- Wall-E was one of the better films of this animated trend. It had some hokey moments but the fat humans riding around on their floating chairs… Such perfect satire of technology and how it changes us has not been made prior to that movie.

The Secret Life of Pets movies are funny too- from Kevin Hart to Harrison Ford, they had great acting, hilarious lines and great writing!

Anybody else willing to admit some of the movies you watched with your kids were fun for you too?

Coraline great creepy movie.
ThoughtfulWarmheartedFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
We watched Wish Dragon on Netflix last week and really enjoyed it.
I will have to look at that one! I have my daughter this weekend- “Raya” or whatever that new Disney Dragon movie is called was really good too TBH. I liked it because it doesn’t have like 10 random sequences where they break into song like virtually every Disney movie does.

I will have to look at that one! I have my daughter this weekend- “Raya” or whatever that new Disney Dragon movie is called was really good too TBH. I liked it because it doesn’t have like 10 random sequences where they break into song like virtually every Disney movie does.
You should check out Luca then. Our son really enjoyed it and it’s another one without the music.

These animated movies are being made to entertain the kids and the parents today. There have been some really good ones- funny, well written, with great actors voicing animated characters…

For me- Wall-E was one of the better films of this animated trend. It had some hokey moments but the fat humans riding around on their floating chairs… Such perfect satire of technology and how it changes us has not been made prior to that movie.

The Secret Life of Pets movies are funny too- from Kevin Hart to Harrison Ford, they had great acting, hilarious lines and great writing!

Anybody else willing to admit some of the movies you watched with your kids were fun for you too?
Little Rascals😁

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It's funny, I don't even think of that as a kid's movie, even though it is. That first 15 minutes is a whole movie in itself. So bittersweet. It has humor, tenderness, ups, downs, drama, and profoundness - all before the movie really even starts. If you're reading this and haven't seen those first 15 minutes of UP, do yourself a favor and go see those few minutes. You may find yourself with a tear in your eye.

It's funny, I don't even think of that as a kid's movie, even though it is. That first 15 minutes is a whole movie in itself. So bittersweet. It has humor, tenderness, ups, downs, drama, and profoundness - all before the movie really even starts. If you're reading this and haven't seen those first 15 minutes of UP, do yourself a favor and go see those few minutes. You may find yourself with a tear in your eye.
I agree about 1/4 of that movie is very sad. But still i love that movie.

I will add the first Space Jam to this list as well… Bill Murray is a legend IMO.

We watched Wish Dragon on Netflix last week and really enjoyed it.
We just watched it this morning- thanks for the recommendation Dizzy! Pretty good- a copy of Aladin in many ways though… Minus the sudden instances of the main characters bursting into song. The Dragon even kind of acted Like Robin Williams’ genie from Aladin too. Obviously, Aladin was another one that deserves mentioning in this thread!

Madagascar - All of them
Spies in Disguise

Serious Question. Is Who Framed Roger Rabbit a kid's movie ? Either way I liked it.
It has some adult themes and some language, so that's definitely debatable. Probably not for young kids and I guess that's why it was given the PG rating. Either way, it was groundbreaking animation for 1988 and pretty darn clever.

Edit: Just watched the trailer again. I'd say definitely not for young kids. "Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" lol.

Last edited:

Toy Story

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
ADVERTISEMENT