ADVERTISEMENT

OT- best “kids movies” that you will admit you liked as an adult

Moana- watched about 1000 times when my son was like 2. New Aladdin. Inside Out. Frozen.
Frozen was really good actually.. It is one of the few that had a song from the movie that made it big in pop music as well. kinda surprised it was not mentioned before now. I have seen it dozens of times.. The second one was a little strange but still good.

As for Aladin- do people like the original or the new one better? I liked the new one but I think the original is hard to beat. Robin Williams had an iconic performance as the genie!

Just saw Sergeant Stubby: An American Hero. Recommend it, especially for you war buffs out there. Based on the true story of Sgt. Stubby, a dog that served in the US Military during World War 1. Pretty crazy stuff.

These animated movies are being made to entertain the kids and the parents today. There have been some really good ones- funny, well written, with great actors voicing animated characters…

For me- Wall-E was one of the better films of this animated trend. It had some hokey moments but the fat humans riding around on their floating chairs… Such perfect satire of technology and how it changes us has not been made prior to that movie.

The Secret Life of Pets movies are funny too- from Kevin Hart to Harrison Ford, they had great acting, hilarious lines and great writing!

Anybody else willing to admit some of the movies you watched with your kids were fun for you too?
Two best kid movies ever made:

#1 Sandlot
#2 Christmas Story

Reactions: jeff2001
Just watched "Luca" with our 4 year old. I had been hesitant as some reviews I'd read claimed the movie was a metaphor for certain things we are not in agreement with nor do we want our kids brainwashed with. But I read conservative review that said the movie had absolutely nothing to do with any of that stuff, so we gave it a shot. Glad we did. Great movie. It's the perfect portrayal of 2 boys who really know nothing about the world just being boys. Fun, clean, light-hearted. Very enjoyable.

Cars, Up. I admit I liked something about most of them when my daughter was young. Now that she's nearly 17 I haven't seen one in quite a while.

Almost all Pixar movies: TS, TS3, Monsters Inc., Up, WallE, Nemo, Inside Out, Incredibles, Soul, Luca, Coco, Ratatouille,...

I was also very pleasently surprised by Zootopia. The sloths in the DMV was a hilarious gag.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Almost all Pixar movies: TS, TS3, Monsters Inc., Up, WallE, Nemo, Inside Out, Incredibles, Soul, Luca, Coco, Ratatouille,...

I was also very pleasently surprised by Zootopia. The sloths in the DMV was a hilarious gag.
Agree on the sloth in Zootopia!

Reactions: 2TimeTiger
Just watched "Luca" with our 4 year old. I had been hesitant as some reviews I'd read claimed the movie was a metaphor for certain things we are not in agreement with nor do we want our kids brainwashed with. But I read conservative review that said the movie had absolutely nothing to do with any of that stuff, so we gave it a shot. Glad we did. Great movie. It's the perfect portrayal of 2 boys who really know nothing about the world just being boys. Fun, clean, light-hearted. Very enjoyable.
Italians will find a lot to like for sure.

Finding Nemo is my favorite- I have three boys, so it really hits home. I also like Shrek and Cars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT